Genelines is a timeline charting companion for Legacy that lets you place the names and events of your family's past into historical context. These unique charts set a new standard for family historians, allowing you to illustrate biographical or relationship information for individuals or ancestral groups in a meaningful way. You see their lives in time, in relation to each other, personal life events and the local, regional and world stage events they experienced.
Genelines lets you create seven customizable timeline charts, including:
Individual Biographical Chart. A biographical chart for a selected ancestor that depicts the chronology of customized life event categories such as occupation, health, residence, etc.
Comparative Biographical Chart. An age-based biographical chart comparing the life events of two or more chosen individuals.
Pedigree Chart. A relationship chart showing an individual's ancestors for a chosen number of generations against the backdrop of a timeline.
Direct Line Chart. A relationship chart depicting a single family line between a chosen individual and direct descendant (or ancestor) against the backdrop of a timeline.
Family Group Chart. A relationship chart depicting the children, spouses and parents of a chosen individual against the backdrop of a timeline.
Fan Chart. A relationship chart that portrays a person's pedigree in the form of an open fan, or half circle. The Fan chart has curved boxes linked by generation, showing the ancestors' year of birth across a time line.
Full Descendant Chart. A relationship chart displays linked life bars for all descendants of a chosen subject, for as many generations selected and available in your data file.
Key Features of Genelines for Legacy:
- Reads Legacy data files directly: no need to export to GEDCOM format
- Provides seven unique, fully customizable chart styles
- Allows you to create and modify your own historical events and timelines
- Comes with a library of timeline files. More are available free online
- Displays charts in full color
- Provides on-screen manipulation of chart colors and graphics
- Prints charts in a full range of sizes. Insert into publications, or print as wall charts
- Estimates and visually points out unknown date, making it easy to see where more research is needed
- Makes it easy to see illogical or contradictory data
- Can display multiple family lines on one chart, and correct duplicate names from cousin marriages
- FREE unlimited support available by e-mail and telephone
To learn more, to see sample charts, or to purchase, visit http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/GLAdd-On.asp