You've worked hard to collect and document your family history. With Legacy Family Tree's new Create CD feature, you can now easily share your precious findings with others.
With a few simple clicks, you have the choice to include your ancestors' photographs, video clips, and even your Legacy family file. Pick from a pre-designed layout, and the software can even create buttons for your email address and favorite web site.
Best of all - the Create CD feature is available FREE to all users of Legacy. Here is an example of the resulting CD menu:
1) To create your CD, first open Legacy. Then click on the Create CD button in the main toolbar. (Make sure you have installed Legacy's latest update.) If you have not yet downloaded our free Create CD software (which is a special, free edition of our add-on software, Passage Express), Legacy will prompt you to first download and install it.
2) Next, decide if you want to include the entire Legacy family file, or create a subset of it. If you are creating a CD for the wife's side of the family, then select the "Create a Subset" option where you can then specify to only include her side.
3) Follow the steps to give your project a title, an author, and decide what you want to include on the CD.
4) Once the CD is designed, click on the Test Project link to see what the CD will actually look like when your family member inserts it into their computer.
5) When you are satisfied, click on the Publish button.
Just like that, you've created a family heirloom!
If you want to really customize the CD and pick from other layouts and designs, the deluxe edition of the CD-creation software, Passage Express, is also available. Learn more about it here.