Question from Ian:
In producing a relationship report is it possible to add their dates to the list of people? My problem is that if I produce a report of my relationships, thus:
Campbell, Colin . . . . . . . . . 2nd great-grandfather
Campbell, Colin . . . . . . . . . 3rd great-grandfather
It would be much better if I could produce:
Campbell, Colin (1817-1876) . . . 2nd great-grandfather
Campbell, Colin (1780-1850) . . . 3rd great-grandfather
Answer from Millennia:
Yours is a good question, Ian, and fortunately, Legacy's flexibility does allow such customization. But first, creating a Relationship Report produces a list of everyone's relationship to you. In order to use the report, you first must calculate the relationships. To do so, follow these steps:
- In the Family View, navigate to yourself, or the person to whom you want to calculate all the relationships.
- Click on the Tools menu, then click Set Relationships.
You'll notice now that above each person in the Family View the relationship is displayed. Now you are ready to create the report. To create the standard Relationship Report:
- Click on the Reports button in the main toolbar. Then click on the Books/Other tab, and click on the Relationships button. From here, choose your options, and Preview or Print the report.
Like Ian mentioned, this report only lists the name of the person, and the relationship of that person to the starting person. At the present, this report does not have the option to include the lifespans.
Create the report from the Name List
Creating a custom report from the Name List will create the report you desire. Follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Click on the Name List button in the main toolbar.
- Click on the Print button at the bottom.
- The Row 1 tab displays the fields that will print on the report. The Optional Fields at the bottom are customizable. Just click on the Customize button and select the Relationships field.
- Also select the Birth Date and Death Date fields.
You should end up with something similar to the following picture (click on it for a bigger picture). Finally, on the Options tab, change the title to something like "Relationships to your name."
Now Print or Preview, and you have the customized relationship report.