Progeny Software announced the release of a free update to their Map My Family Tree software. This popular mapping software imports Legacy Family Tree files and produces maps of the events of your family tree.
Version 1.3 enhancements:
- Place markers to highlight certain individuals, family lines, events, etc. Select from a list of place markers of varying shapes and colors or import one or more images to use as custom place markers.
Version 1.2 enhancements:
- Automatic links to Google™ Maps, Google Earth and TerraServer USA so you can see your ancestral home towns on online maps, satellite images and aerial photographs. As with previous versions, Version 1.2 also includes an automatic link to MapQuest.com.
- Ability to print or publish your map as a PDF document.
- Time scrolling tool bar so you can dynamically select which time period is displayed on the map. As you slide the thumbtrack along the scroll bar, you will see the towns "twinkling" to show the movements, voyages and migrations of your ancestors.
- Filters to display specific people and events from your genealogy database. You can filter by name, ancestor line, descendant line, date, event type and gender. This is especially helpful when you want to create maps with single family lines, births only, events from a specific time period, etc.
To download your free 1.3 update
- Open the Map My Family Tree program
- Click on Help in the top menu bar
- Select Check for updates
- A dialogue box will appear - click on Check for updates
- Follow the instructions on the screen
For more information, or to purchase