We want to update all of you on the status of Legacy 7's release. I, personally, finally have a few minutes to sit down and write this brief post. Like Ken mentioned in our last article, we've never had such an enormous response to the release of a new version of Legacy. The volume of orders required us to purchase many new computers and workstations, and hire about a dozen new people to help with order processing, email responses, telephone calls, and shipping. They've even needed my help!
Each morning I arrived at the office, at least 4 others had been there all night. They would continue to work throughout the next day, until we convinced them to at least take a nap. I'll just say that we've all experienced something we haven't experienced in a long time - the beautiful Arizona sunrise. Like Ken wrote, we thank all of you so much for supporting Millennia and our new Legacy 7.
Now, because of this success, we have been behind in responding to your emails and telephone calls. Here's where we are:
- All free upgrade orders have either been mailed or emailed. If you qualified for the free upgrade, and you have not yet received the email with the installation/unlock instructions, the first place to check is in your email program's spam/junk folder. The majority of the customers we have communicated with eventually found the email there. If you have not yet done it, please add CustomerService@LegacyFamilyTree.com to your email program's approved list.
- We are finally caught up with the voice mails you have left us. Thank you for your patience as we have worked down the list to call everyone back.
- New orders are now back to our usual same/next day processing and shipping. Most are mailed via USPS priority mail.
- We are not yet caught up with all of the emails. Last night we set up another workstation to help us get caught up. We hope to be caught up within the next few days.
- Finally, make sure that when you place your order, that you double-check your email address. In numerous cases, the reason the customer has not received the email from us is because the email address we have on file is off by a letter or two.
If for some reason you feel that you haven't yet received a response to us, please send us an email to CustomerService@LegacyFamilyTree.com or give us a call at 1-800-753-3453 or 1-623-444-8918 (outside the USA). If we don't answer, please leave a message and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
We thank you again for everyone's patience and for the great feedback we've had with Legacy 7. Yes, we've learned a lot along the way, and know we still have room for improvement. We will continue to do our best to bring you great genealogy software.