End-of-line ancestors. We all have them. We think about them. We study them. We even dream about them. Once we find their parents, we do a quick Genealogy Happy Dance, and then it starts over again - we now have new end-of-line ancestors.
Who are your end-of-line ancestors? Let Legacy Family Tree identify them for you using one of the two following methods.
Special Search List
- First, in the Family View, navigate to yourself.
- Click on Search > Find > Miscellaneous tab.
- Select the "Direct-line ancestors with no parents" option and click on Create List.
The resulting Search List displays each of your direct-line ancestors who do not have parents. In other words, these are your end-of-line ancestors.
Now select one of them and see if Legacy can find their parents:
- Click on Internet > Search Internet for Current Person.
- Select one of the listed websites, and click on the Search button.
Using Legacy Charting, you can creating a Fan Chart which provides a graphical perspective of viewing your end-of-line ancestors. Follow these instructions:
- Launch Legacy Charting by clicking on its icon in the main toolbar (or go to Reports > Legacy Charting).
- Select one of the 4 Fan Chart styles, and click Select.
- On the Home tab, increase the number of generations until the Fan Chart starts displaying the "holes" in the outer rings.
See the Fan Chart below. Notice where the end-of-line ancestors are? Makes it pretty easy to see where the "holes" are, doesn't it? Happy hunting!