30 January 2009
Since the last update on January 5, 2009, FamilySearch added over 40 million new records to its
Record Search pilot. Individuals with international roots from Argentina, Canada, Germany, Ireland,
Germany, Netherlands, and the Philippines will find some nice surprises in the newly added collections.
Birth, marriage, and death records were added for the Netherlands and Ireland. Irish researchers in
particular have been anxiously awaiting the 23 million records from the Irish Civil Registration indexes.
These records date from 1845-1958 and are also known as the Statutory Registration Records.
Statutory registration for Protestants began in 1845 and for Catholics in 1864.
Many thanks to the thousands of online FamilySearch Indexing volunteers who helped make these
wonderful records available.
See the chart below for more details. The new records can be searched for free at FamilySearch.org
(Click Search Records, then Record Search pilot).
- 1869 National Census; 232,853 indexed records; 157,133 digital images; new collection
- Canada Census 1916; 1,811,736 indexed records; 36,263 digital images; new collection
- Costa Rica Church Records; 1,387,505 indexed records; 260,367 digital images; new collection
- Germany Burials 1500-1900; 3,633,851 indexed records; new collection
- Ireland, Civil Registration Indexes 1845-1958; 23,023,320 index records; 70,971 digital images; new collection
- Mexico Aguascalientes Catholic Church Records 1616-1961; 601,572 digital images; new collection
- Netherlands Births and Baptisms 1,350,335 indexed records; new collection
- Netherlands Marriages 374,659 indexed records; new collection
- Netherlands Deaths and Burials 206,477 index records; new collection
- Philippines Marriages 2,224,877 index records; new collection
- California, San Francisco Area Funeral Home Records 1835-1931; 43,407 indexed records; 61,017 digital images; new collection
- 1920 United States Census; 2,437,479 indexed records; 50,364 digital images; added Alabama
- 1850 United States Census; 1,425,756 index records; added Alabama and Indian Population
- 1850 United States Census (Slave Schedule) 869,079 indexed records; added Alabama, Missouri, and South Carolina
- 1850 United States Census (Mortality Schedule) 37,993 indexed records; added Louisiana and Indian Population
- 1870 United States Census 7,954,406 indexed records; added Pennsylvania