Legacy version 7.5 is finally almost here. Version 7.4 is even closer....
Here's where we're at. In January we will release Legacy 7.4 which will add most of the long-awaited FamilySearch integration tools to Legacy. This will be a free update for both Standard and Deluxe edition users. Just yesterday, version 7.4 received official certification from FamilySearch in the following categories: Access, Print, and Ordinance Status. This will allow you to:
- Match your Legacy individuals with FamilySearch individuals
- Combine potential duplicates that exist at FamilySearch
- View the real-time ordinance status of individuals
So, the matching and combining functionality in 7.4 will prepare you for the features in 7.5. LDS users will want to know that although the ordinance reservation tools will not be available until 7.5, 7.4 will provide you with the ability to reserve ordinances via the new.FamilySearch.org web site.
In the next month or so after 7.4's release, we will complete the software development to receive certification in the following categories: Sync, Update, and Ordinance Reservation. This is mostly done now, but we want to give you what we have - a great, solid version 7.4. We will then release these final features in Legacy 7.5.
Legacy 7.4 / 7.5 web site
We've created a special web site devoted to keeping you updated on this release. At www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/fs.asp we will publish the very latest information:
- News / Updates section - this is where we will publish the latest announcements (in addition to this LegacyNews blog)
- Video Tutorials - we've published our first video entitled Getting Started in Legacy Family Tree for the brand new LDS genealogist.
- Preparing for Legacy 7.5 - these are links to all the articles we've published in LegacyNews about preparing your Legacy family file for working with the new FamilySearch tools