We have a great new update for you to download. Our development team has been working hard at enhancing Legacy's features and correcting minor issues you have reported. Many of the additions/changes are the direct result of your suggestions - thanks everyone!
Since our last major update (version 7.4 released on January 30) there have been three minor updates. Installing the latest update (see instructions below if needed) will keep you current. Below is a list of enhancements and corrections since January 30.
What's been fixed
There's a good number of minor issues that have been recently resolved. For a list of what has been fixed, click here.
- FamilySearch tools (only effects those with a new.familysearch.org account)
- Added FamilySearch status icons to Family and Pedigree views (this option can be enabled/disabled at Options > Customize > General tab > FamilySearch > Integrate with FamilySearch
- You can now manually add or change a FamilySearch ID (Person identifier) in the Individual's Information screen.
- The yield temple icon now means that ordinance work is reserved or in progress
- Added an Advanced Search button to the Possible Matches tab
- New temple icon - the temple icon with a red X indicates that more information is required for ordinance work. There is also a new filter for "ordinances needing more information"
- Added a Reload button in the main toolbar with three options: 1) Reload Legacy database. 2) Reload current person (use this if you've made changes to a person and want to "refresh" their information in LegacyFS. 3) Refresh FamilySearch information (this will check the refresh ordinance status for all linked persons to get the most up-to-date status.
- BIC is now correctly showing on Ordinance Status tab
- Added "Suppress Living" option to the list of names
- Added a Legend tab in the lower left giving illustrated explanations of what the various icons represent
- DNA - added the DYS635 and Y-GATA-A10 markers for Ancestry's Advanced Paternal Lineage Test (Y-Chromosome 46).
- File Maintenance - added a few more checks for locations and temples relating to some of the newer LDS fields (like initiatory and confirmation)
- LDS - added Oquirrh Mountain temple to the master temple list
How to Update
For our Deluxe Edition users, all you have to do is connect to the Internet, start Legacy 7, and click on the "Install and Download Now" link on the Legacy Home tab. (If you're reading this from within the Legacy Home tab inside of Legacy 7.0, you'll first need to click on the Home button in the top left of the Legacy Home tab which looks like the following picture:
If you are a Standard Edition Legacy user, you will need to visit our website. Go to http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/DownloadUpdate.asp and follow the instructions.