Got an iPhone, iPod Touch, or an iPad? With the brand new Families application from TelGen Limited you can now easily transfer your Legacy Family Tree files from your PC to your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, enabling them to be viewed and edited wherever you are. Any changes you make on these devices can then be synced back to your Legacy file on your PC.
Features of Families:
- Family and Pedigree Views
- Pictures, including the ability to add pictures from camera or photo album
- Locations and addresses, with geolocation via Google Maps
- Multiple family files
- New family files can be created from scratch
- Index, searchable by given name, surname, or RIN
- To Do Lists
- Master and detail sources
- Alternate names
- Portrait and landscape mode on all views
- Full screen support on the iPad
- Legacy file version 6 and 7 are supported
Families uses a highly efficient database implementation, allowing very large family files to be supported. Users have successfully displayed and edited files containing over 300,000 individuals on an iPhone.
Families requires a companion program running on the PC to transfer family files to and from the iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. This program, Families Sync, can be downloaded free of charge. Note that iTunes must be installed in order to use this program.