Remember our Flash Webinar on entering death records into Legacy a couple of weeks ago (when I gave you just three hours notice)? I've had hundreds of you write in requesting similar webinars for other types of records - marriage, census, obituaries and more. Well, you've got a little more advance notice for this one, and I can hardly wait until next Wednesday to enter these marriage records into my personal family file (they have so many wonderful things - brand new maiden names, parents' names, marriage dates and more). I will wait until then though so you can all join me as I do it live.
You are invited to watch live as Geoff (that's me) adds the information to his real, personal Legacy family file. In this live, unscripted session, Geoff will talk his way through adding a marriage record to his ancestor, giving you ideas on how to use various aspects of Legacy Family Tree (linking pictures, using the source clipboard, the To Do List, and likely much more).
The live webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, May 25, 2011, so register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free.
In preparation for the webinar:
- Download and print the marriage records so you can follow along.
- If you haven't yet viewed it, watch "Watch Geoff Live: Adding a Death Certificate" in our webinar archives prior to this webinar (but not required).
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, May 25, 2011 at:
- 9pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 8pm Central
- 7pm Mountain
- 6pm Pacific/Arizona
- 1am GMT on Thursday, May 26
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email during the week prior to the webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
Other upcoming webinars
Wednesday, June 1, 2011. Google Forms for Genealogists with Thomas MacEntee. Register here.
Wednesday, June 29, 2011. Ready, Set, Write! Share Your Family's Story with Lisa Alzo. Register here.
Wednesday, July 13, 2011. The Power of DNA in Unlocking Family Relationships with Ugo Perego. Register here.
Wednesday, July 20, 2011. Google Images and Beyond with Maureen Taylor. Register here.
Wednesday, August 3, 2011. Organizing for Success with Karen Clifford. Register here.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011. Newspapers for Genealogists with Tom Kemp. Register here.
View past webinars
Our webinars are available in the archives at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp for at least 10 days. Select webinars are now available to purchase on CD for $9.95 each:
- Google for Genealogists by Thomas MacEntee, 1 hour 28 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- Sharing Genealogy Electronically by Geoff Rasmussen, 1 hour 49 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- Chasing Women: Finding Your Female Ancestors, by Leland Meitzler, 1 hour 21 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- Blogging for Beginners with DearMYRTLE, 1 hour 30 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- MORE Blogging for Beginners with DearMYRTLE, 1 hour 30 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- Backing Up Your Genealogy Data, 1 hour 30 minutes, 6 pages of handouts.
- Mapping Software for Genealogists, by Geoff Rasmussen. 1 hour 4 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- Building a Research Toolbox, by Thomas MacEntee. 1 hour 28 minutes, 5 pages of handouts.
- Dropbox for Genealogists, by Thomas MacEntee. 1 hour 30 minutes, 18 pages of handouts.
- Preserving Family Photographs, by Maureen Taylor. 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Google Docs for Genealogists, by Thomas MacEntee. 1 hour 29 minutes, 9 pages of handouts.