My recent article, Genealogy Serendipity in the Cemetery has been the most-read article in the history of our Legacy News blog. Now I'm turning it into a webinar. Join me on Friday, October 28, 2011 for a free webinar, "Watch Geoff Live: Cemeteries."
Having just returned from cemetery-hunting in Maine, I had one serendipitous experience after another while searching for my ancestors. I can hardly wait to add all the new photos and information to my real, personal Legacy family file. In this webinar I will demonstrate what to do from start to finish with one of the tombstone pictures I took. You are invited to watch live as I add the information to my personal Legacy family file.
In this live, unscripted session, I will talk my way through renaming and organizing my digital camera pictures, setting up the source clipboard, adding the pictures in the appropriate places, and adding the new information I found. I will also demonstrate how to add cemetery information from FindAGrave.com. In preparation for the webinar, download and print the cemetery document so you can follow along.
The live webinar is scheduled for Friday, October 28, 2011 at 2PM Eastern U.S., so register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day.
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our brand new Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Friday, October 28, 2011 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific/Arizona
- 6pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email during the week prior to the webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!