The recording of today's excellent webinar, Privacy and Our Ancestors, by Thomas MacEntee, is now available to view in our webinar archives. In addition to all of the resources Thomas taught, he also shed new light on privacy issues. One viewer commented:
Thanks for the genealogy resources. And for changing my view on the issue of privacy. I thought our privacy issues had changed with all the availability of data, not just on the internet, but other public records. In truth, with the advent of Facebook and Twitter, we are putting our OWN lives on record every day! And public records have always been public -- that hasn't changed. I'm less worried about my own privacy now and have more resources to find my ancestors' public lives. Thanks!
Here's just a few of the resources Thomas talked about:
- Marital discourse ads
- Hotel arrivals
- City directories
- Court records
- Speeding tickets
- Freedom of Information Act
- Google Alerts
- Lots more...
View the recording
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 25 minute recording of Privacy and Our Ancestors is now available to view in our webinar archives for a limited time. Visit www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp to watch.
Pre-order the webinar-on-CD
Own your own copy of Privacy and Our Ancestors by purchasing the webinar-on-CD for just $9.95. It includes the complete 1 hour 25 minute recording of the class, the question/answer session, and 3 pages of handouts. Click here for more information or to purchase.
Special discount coupon
The special discount coupon of privacy that was announced during the webinar is valid for 10% off anything in our online store through Monday, October 8, 2012.
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- Cruising with Legacy Family Tree in 2013. October 5.
- Researching Your Irish Ancestors: Beyond the Basics with Judy Wight. October 10.
- Ten Brick Wall Tips for Intermediate Researchers with Marian Pierre-Louis, October 17.
- Your Civil War Ancestors: Beginning Your Research with Michael Hait. October 24.
- Breaking Down Your Irish Brick Wall with Judy Wight. October 31.
- Researching Your Canadian Ancestors - an Overview with Claire Brisson-Banks. November 7.
- Genealogy for Novices: Where Do We Begin with Linda Geiger. November 14.
- The Big 4 U.S. Record Sources with Mary Hill. November 28.
See you online!