Register for Webinar Wednesday - Canadian Ports of Entry: Ship Passenger Lists, Immigration Records, and Border Crossing Records
You know your ancestors came to North America from the Old Country but you can’t find any records. Learn strategies for searching the available immigration, border crossing and ship passenger list websites on the Internet.
Join us for the live webinar with Kathyrn Lake Hogan this Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Before joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
Download the syllabus
Kathryn's handouts (4 pages) are now available to download/print/save for our annual or monthly webinar subscribers. Click here, then click on the Download Syllabus button.
Test Your Webinar Connection
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here.
Can't make it to the live event?
No worries. Its recording will be available for free for the first 7 days after the live event. Webinar Subscribers have unlimited access for the duration of their membership.
About the presenter
Kathryn Lake Hogan is a professional genealogist, author and educator as well as the driving force behind LOOKING4ANCESTORS. Specializing in Canadian and English research, Kathryn has earned the Professional Learning Certificate in Genealogical Studies (PLCGS) with the National Institute of Genealogical Studies. She enjoys lecturing on a variety of family history topics at genealogy and historical society meetings, workshops, regional conferences and webinars. Starting with her own family history research over 10 years ago, Kathryn has not only made genealogy her passion, she has also dedicated herself to helping others discover the joys of family history and how to locate their own ancestors. Giving back to the genealogy community is important to Kathryn: she is involved with the Ontario Genealogical Society as a member and as the webinar coordinator. In addition, Kathryn is the branch genealogist for the Bicentennial Branch of the United Empire Loyalists' Association of Canada.
- Making the Most of Canadian Census Records
Kathryn is also the author of our Canadian Legacy QuickGuide series:
- Researching First and Second World War Canadian Records
- Using Canadian Census Records
- Newfoundland and Labrador Genealogy
- Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon Genealogy
- Saskatchewan Genealogy
- Prince Edward Island Genealogy
- Manitoba Genealogy
- Researching Your Loyalist Ancestors
- Canadian Genealogy
- Quebec Genealogy
- Ontario Genealogy
- Nova Scotia Genealogy
- New Brunswick Genealogy
- British Columbia Genealogy
- Alberta Genealogy
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific
- 6pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email both 1 day and 1 hour prior to the live webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!