Join us this Wednesday, January 29, for a free webinar with Canadian research specialist, Kathryn Lake Hogan. She will present, "Ten Reasons Your Ancestor Was in Canada."
When you hit a brick wall in your research it's time to consider Canada. Even if you think your American or immigrant ancestors were never in Canada, discover ten reasons why they actually may have been there. Learn how and where to find the Canadian or provincial records that will help you fill in the missing pieces of your ancestors' lives.
Join us for the live webinar Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Before joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
Download the syllabus
In preparation for the webinar, download Kathryn's 4 pages of supplemental syllabus materials here. They include:
- Summary and explanations of the ten reasons.
- Information about where to find the recommended records.
- Clickable links to the recommended websites.
Or register for multiple webinars at once by clicking here.
Test Your Webinar Connection
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here.
Can't make it to the live event?
No worries. Its recording will be available for free indefinitely. Webinar Subscribers have unlimited access to all webinar recordings for the duration of their membership.
About the presenter
Kathryn Lake Hogan is a professional genealogist, author and educator as well as the driving force behind LOOKING4ANCESTORS. Specializing in Canadian and English research, Kathryn has earned the Professional Learning Certificate in Genealogical Studies (PLCGS) with the National Institute of Genealogical Studies. She enjoys lecturing on a variety of family history topics at genealogy and historical society meetings, workshops, regional conferences and webinars.
Starting with her own family history research over 10 years ago, Kathryn has not only made genealogy her passion, she has also dedicated herself to helping others discover the joys of family history and how to locate their own ancestors.
Giving back to the genealogy community is important to Kathryn: she is involved with the Ontario Genealogical Society as a member and as the webinar coordinator. In addition, Kathryn is the branch genealogist for the Bicentennial Branch of the United Empire Loyalists' Association of Canada.
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific
- 7pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email both 1 day and 1 hour prior to the live webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!