- Makes it seem so simple and a first class handout! Recap was bang on!
- I will check out these records. I never thought any of my family crossed the border to Canada for any reason. Now I have at least ten reasons to start to look. Thanks.
- I've been doing genealogy for 17 years, and learned quite a bit, in spite of my doing a lot of Canadian research.
View the Recording at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 26 minute recording of "Ten Reasons Your Ancestor Was in Canada" is now available to view in our webinar archives for free for a limited time. It is also available to our monthly or annual Webinar Members for the duration of your membership. Visit www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com to watch. The 4 pages of handouts are also available for annual/monthly webinar subscribers.
Special Discount Coupon
The special discount coupon of canada4 that was announced during the webinar is valid for 10% off anything at both www.LegacyFamilyTreeStore.com and www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com through Monday, February 3, 2014.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 216 hours of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 564 pages)
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout, and yes, you can also use the 10% off webinar coupon above for a total of 15% off)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Annual membership: $49.95/year (that's about the cost of 5 webinar CDs)
- Monthly membership: $9.95/month
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- Family Stories: Using Newspapers to Reconnect with the Stories of Your Family's Past by Tom Kemp. February 12.
- The Ties That Bond by Judy Russell. February 19.
- Searching for Surnames: Challenges, Pitfalls and the Downright Ridiculous by Kirsty Gray. February 26.
- Genealogy and Technology - State of the Union by Barbara Renick. March 1.
- Using Google Earth for Genealogy by Lisa Louise Cooke. March 5.
- Sources and Citations Made Simple, Standard, and Powerful by Geoff Rasmussen. March 7.
- Some Lesser Known Irish Resources by Judy Wight. March 12.
- 50 Most Popular Genealogy Websites by Kory Meyerink. March 19.
- 7 Habits of Highly Frugal Genealogists by Thomas MacEntee. April 2.
- Get Organized Using the FamilyRoots Organizer Color-Coding System by Mary Hill. April 9.
- Estate Records - More Than Just Wills by Linda Woodward Geiger. April 11.
- Genealogy Evidence and Online Family Trees by Karen Clifford. April 16.
- The Homestead Act of 1862 by Thomas MacEntee. April 23.
- Google Glass and Family History by Devin Ashby. April 30.
- Legacy Family Tree - Virtual User's Group Meeting by Legacy Family Tree Panel. May 2.
- 50 Year View - What I've Learned Climbing My Family Tree by Tom Kemp. May 7.
- Photo Apps for Android, iPhones or iPads by Maureen Taylor. May 14.
- I Had My DNA Tested - Now What? by Ugo Perego. May 21.
- Using Tax Lists to Solve Genealogical Problems by Linda Woodward Geiger. May 28.
- German Internet Research: A Launching Place for Your Research. June 11.
- 10 Ways to Jumpstart Your Family History Narrative by Lisa Alzo. June 13.
- Copyright Mythconceptions by Judy Russell. June 18.
- Documenting Native American Families in 19th and 20th Century Records by Angela Walton-Raji. June 25.
- Thinking About Becoming a Board-certified Genealogist? by Elissa Scalise Powell. July 9.
- Legacy Family Tree - Virtual User's Group Meeting by Legacy Family Tree Panel. July 11.
- When Freedom Came - Documenting the Family's Freedom Story by Angela Walton-Raji. July 16.
- Researching Your Illinois Ancestors by Thomas MacEntee. July 23.
- Researching Your Tennessee Ancestors by J. Mark Lowe. August 6.
- Research Recharge - Turning Old Clues into New Leads by Lisa Alzo. August 8.
- Find A Grave - The World's Largest Cemetery Database by Russ Worthington. August 20.
- Researching Your Italian Ancestors by Ruth Merriman. August 27.
- Researching Your Jewish Ancestors by Jennifer Alford. September 3.
- Legacy Family Tree - Virtual User's Group Meeting by Legacy Family Tree Panel. September 5.
- Success with Manuscript Sources by Barbara Renick. September 10.
- Evaluating Evidence and Resolving Discrepancies by Kory Meyerink. September 17.
- A Library at Your Fingertips - the Internet Archive by Maureen Taylor. September 24.
- The Fair Court: Records of Chancery Courts by Judy Russell. October 1.
- Overcoming Destroyed or Missing Records by Karen Clifford. October 3.
- Welcome to FamilySearch Indexing! by Devin Ashby. October 8.
- Researching Your War of 1812 Ancestor by Thomas MacEntee. October 15.
- Tracking Migration Using the Draper Manuscripts by Mary Hill. October 22.
- Legacy Family Tree - Virtual User's Group Meeting by Legacy Family Tree Panel. November 14.
- Using Evernote for Genealogy by Lisa Louise Cooke. November 19.
- Family History for Kids by Devin Ashby. December 3.
- Look Ma, No Hands! Using Dragon Naturally Speaking for Your Genealogy by Ivan Baugh. December 5.
- Researching Your North Carolina Ancestors by J. Mark Lowe. December 10.
- Bagging a Live One - Connecting with Cousins You Never Knew You Had by Mary Kircher Roddy. December 17.
See you online!