New Bonus Webinar this Saturday - Googling Around with Google and other Technology by Geoff Rasmussen
Google and the genealogist were meant for each other. In this webinar, presented by FamilyTreeWebinars.com's host Geoff Rasmussen, you will learn how to unlock some of Google's secrets. Learn:
- How to help our ancestors find us with Google Alerts.
- How to better craft Google Searches with Douglas Barry's customized Google Search form.
- How and why to search with a digital image instead of a phrase.
- How to set up a Google Calendar and how to optionally embed other kinds of calendars.
- How to view historical state and county boundaries (similar to AniMap, but for free) with Google Earth.
- Other fun technology as time permits
This class is being presented to a live audience as part of the Sacramento Genealogical Society’s annual spring seminar. The seminar committee invites you – the live worldwide webinar audience – to join with them for this special class.
Join us 1) for the live class in Sacramento, California by pre-registering (April 1 deadline) or 2) by webinar Saturday, April 5, 2014 at 4pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Before joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
Download the syllabus
The syllabus contains:
- Step-by-step instructions to the Google resources Geoff teaches
- Clickable links
Or register for multiple webinars at once by clicking here.
Test Your Webinar Connection
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here.
Can't make it to the live event?
No worries. Its recording will be available for free indefinitely. Webinar Subscribers have unlimited access to all webinar recordings for the duration of their membership.
About the presenter
Geoffrey D. Rasmussen is the father of four budding genealogists. He graduated with a degree in Genealogy and Family History from Brigham Young University and has served as director and vice-president of the Utah Genealogical Association. He is a dynamic genealogy speaker on all forms of genealogy technology, and as host of the Legacy Family Tree webinar series, has spoken virtually to nearly 100 different countries. He has authored books, videos, articles, and websites, and develops the Legacy Family Tree software program. On a personal note, Geoff enjoys playing the piano, organ, cello, basketball and bowling. His favorite places are cemeteries, the ocean, and hanging out with other genealogists. He met and proposed to his wife in a Family History Center.
He is the author of the recently-released, Legacy Family Tree, Unlocked! and the popular Digital Imaging Essentials book.
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Saturday, April 5, 2014 at:
- 4pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 3pm Central
- 2pm Mountain
- 1pm Pacific
- 8pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email both 1 day and 1 hour prior to the live webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!