Find A Grave - The World's Largest Cemetery Database - free webinar by Russ Worthington now online for limited time
The recording of today's webinar, "Find A Grave - The World's Largest Cemetery Database" by Russ Worthington is now available to view for free for a limited time at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com. A few comments from our viewers:
- Having been a member of Find A Grave for over 5 years, Russ taught things that I did not know. Always great learning new things. This was great information to know.
- Wow! I learned so much! I had thought I already "knew it all" about findagrave. Not so!! There is so much more there than I had thought. Thanks! Great webinar!!!
- Very informative - explained some features and search tips I was unfamiliar with even though I've used Find a Grave for years. Also appreciated Jeff's "mini-session" on source citation and cutting and pasting from FAG into the source box.
View the Recording at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 39 minute recording of "Find A Grave - The World's Largest Cemetery Database" is now available to view in our webinar archives for free for a limited time. It is also available to our monthly or annual Webinar Members for the duration of your membership. Visit www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com to watch. The supplemental syllabus materials are also available for annual/monthly webinar subscribers to download/print/save. Login or subscribe.
Legacy QuickGuide - Cemetery Research
The Cemetery Research Legacy QuickGuide™ contains useful information including tips and tricks, a list of different types of cemeteries, terminology, and more. This handy 4-page PDF guide can be used on your computer or mobile device for anytime access.
For the genealogy researcher, cemeteries are considered “museums” providing a link with the past which reflect the culture, history, art, architecture and attitudes of an ancestor’s era. Data found through cemetery visits, as well as through online and/or offline cemetery research, may unearth clues about an ancestor and about the time and place where an ancestor lived.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 265 hours of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 715 pages)
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout, and yes, you can also use the 10% off webinar coupon above for a total of 15% off)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Annual membership: $49.95/year (that's about the cost of 5 webinar CDs)
- Monthly membership: $9.95/month
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- Researching Your Italian Ancestors by Ruth Merriman. August 27.
- Researching Your Jewish Ancestors by Jennifer Alford. September 3.
- Legacy Family Tree - Virtual User's Group Meeting by Legacy Family Tree Panel. September 5.
- Success with Manuscript Sources by Barbara Renick. September 10.
- A Library at Your Fingertips - the Internet Archive by Maureen Taylor. September 24.
- The Fair Court: Records of Chancery Courts by Judy Russell. October 1.
- Overcoming Destroyed or Missing Records by Karen Clifford. October 3.
- Welcome to FamilySearch Indexing! by Devin Ashby. October 8.
- Researching Your War of 1812 Ancestor by Thomas MacEntee. October 15.
- Tracking Migration Using the Draper Manuscripts by Mary Hill. October 22.
- Legacy Family Tree - Virtual User's Group Meeting by Legacy Family Tree Panel. November 14.
- Using Evernote for Genealogy by Lisa Louise Cooke. November 19.
- Family History for Kids by Devin Ashby. December 3.
- Look Ma, No Hands! Using Dragon Naturally Speaking for Your Genealogy by Ivan Baugh. December 5.
- Researching Your North Carolina Ancestors by J. Mark Lowe. December 10.
- Bagging a Live One - Connecting with Cousins You Never Knew You Had by Mary Kircher Roddy. December 17.
Click here to register. Or click here register for multiple webinars at the same time.
See you online!