Your Italian ancestors are just waiting to be discovered! The availability of Italian records has increased exponentially in the past few years, making research much easier than it has been. In this overview, presented by FamilySearch's Ruth Merriman, we will discuss how to find the records you need (on film, on site and on line), what to look for in the records, and a tiny bit of history to put it all into perspective.
Join us for the live webinar Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Before joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
Download the syllabus
Or register for multiple webinars at once by clicking here.
Test Your Webinar Connection
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here.
Can't make it to the live event?
No worries. Its recording will be available for a limited time. Webinar Subscribers have unlimited access to all webinar recordings for the duration of their membership.
About the presenter
Ruth Lapioli Merriman is the former manager of the International Research Consultation Unit in the Family History Library. She now works preparing digital images from Italy for publication on the FamilySearch website and on the website of the National Archives of Italy. She graduated from BYU with a Bachelor's degree in English and a Master's degree in Library Science. She worked in Cataloging for FamilySearch for more years than she would like to say before transferring to the Family History Library. She has been an accredited Italian researcher with ICAPGen for 10 years and is passionate about Italian genealogy.
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific
- 6pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email both 1 day and 1 hour prior to the live webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!