The recording of today's webinar, "Researching with Karen! (3)" by Karen Clifford is now available to view for free at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com for a limited time.
Join educator, author, and researcher, Karen Clifford, as she answers your questions and demonstrates how she solves genealogy cases. Seeing how someone else approaches a genealogy mystery can give you new ideas to apply for your own hunt.
View the Recording at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 34 minute recording of "Researching with Karen! (3)" is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time. Or watch it at your convenience with an annual or monthly webinar membership.
With good humor, stories, and true experiences, the author takes you on an adventure. This adventure will explore your family's past through the original records kept by your relatives as they arrived, set up a home on a piece of land, paid taxes to protect it, went to court to defend it, and often died to preserve it for their loved ones. Along the way, you'll enjoy stories written about your ancestors by their friends and associates who included them in their journals, histories, and newspaper articles.
Digging Deeper is more than a reference book for genealogists, family historians, and reference librarians. It is an instruction manual for any family historian. Using Internet and computerized databases as a jumping-off point, you can find jewels of evidence in other less-commonly used records--those valued for the secrets they reveal about long-forgotten families.
- Read early handwritten documents,
- Draw evidence from tax, probate, newspaper, and periodical sources,
- Connect with your ancestors using military pre-service, service, and benefit records,
- Use cemetery, pre-1850 federal and state population records, and census substitutes,
- Prove lineages through original land grants, patents, and Federal Public Domain records,
- And combine information from the above records with insights gleaned from historical documents.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 276 classes, 414 hours of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 1,216 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year
- Monthly membership: $9.95/month
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- Organizing Your Genetic Genealogy by Diahan Southard. November 11.
- Bringing it All Together and Leaving a Permanent Record by Tom Kemp. November 13.
- Mapping Madness by Ron Arons. November 18.
- Stories in Stone - Cemetery Research by Gail Blankenau. December 2.
- Thinking about Becoming an Accredited Genealogist? by Apryl Cox and Kelly Summers. December 9.
- Pointing Fingers at Ancestors' Siblings - Breaking Down Brick Walls with Collateral Research by Marian Pierre-Louis. December 16.
- What Happened to the State of Frankland - Using Tennessee's Pre-Statehood Records by Mark Lowe. December 18.
See you online!