Watch Geoff Live: GEDmatch.com - free webinar by Geoff Rasmussen and Diahan Southard now online for limited time
The recording of today's webinar, "Watch Geoff Live: GEDmatch.com" by Geoff Rasmussen and Diahan Southard, is now available to view for free for a limited time at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com.
After the incredible findings of his first encounter with genetic genealogy, Geoff is ready to take his DNA research to the next level. He wants YOU – the live webinar audience – to be there with him as he explores GEDmatch.com for the first time.
On hand to guide, interpret and explain what Geoff discovers will be DNA expert, webinar presenter, and yourDNAguide.com’s Diahan Southard. The result will be a live and unscripted session giving DNA neophyte researchers (like Geoff) a first-hand look at what to expect from one of DNA’s key tools – GEDmatch.com.
View the Recording at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 33 minute recording of "Watch Geoff Live: GEDmatch.com" is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time. Or watch it at your convenience with an annual or monthly webinar membership.
- What is Gedmatch?
- Who can participate?
- What do I have to do to join?
- What kinds of tools do they offer?
- Can it help with my ethnicity results?
- Will I find new matches?
- Is this a necessary tool?
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 371 classes, 529 hours of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 1,634 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year
- Monthly membership: $9.95/month
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- A Genealogist's Guide to Heraldry by Shannon Combs-Bennett. July 13.
- Finding French Ancestors by Luana Darby. July 15.
- Organize Your Online Life by Lisa Louise Cooke. July 20.
- Windows 10 Survival Guide for Genealogists by Thomas MacEntee. July 22.
- Researching Women - Community Cookbooks and What They Tell Us About Our Ancestors by Gena Philibert-Ortega. July 27.
- The Germanic French - Researching Alsatian and Lorrainian Families by John Philip Colletta. July 30.
- Solutions for Missing and Scarce Records by Tom Jones. July 30.
- Getting Started with Microsoft PowerPoint by Thomas MacEntee. August 3.
- The Battle for Bounty Land - War of 1812 and Mexican-American Wars by Beth Foulk. August 10.
- Homestead Act of 1862 - Following the Witnesses by Bernice Bennett. August 12.
- Successfully Applying to a Lineage Society by Amy Johnson Crow. August 17.
- Using Findmypast to Unlock Your Irish Ancestry by Brian Donovan. August 24.
- The Treasure Trove in Legislative Petitions by Judy Russell. September 14.
- Clooz - A Document-Based Software Companion by Richard Thomas. September 16.
- How to Use FamilySearch.org for Beginners by Devin Ashby. September 21.
- Beginning Polish Genealogy by Lisa Alzo and Jonathan Shea. September 28.
- AHA! Analysis of Handwriting for Genealogical Research by Ron Arons. October 5.
- Time and Place - Using Genealogy's Cross-Hairs by Jim Beidler. October 12.
- Finding Your Ancestors' German Hometown by Ursula Krause. October 14.
- Social History Websites That Bring Your Ancestor's Story to Life by Gena Philibert-Ortega. October 19.
- Flip for Flickr - Share, Store and Save Your Family Photos by Maureen Taylor. October 26.
- Analysis and Correlation - Two Keys to Sound Conclusions by Chris Staats. November 2.
- Publishing a Genealogy E-Book by Thomas MacEntee. November 9.
- Dating Family Photographs by Jane Neff Rollins. November 16.
- Nature & Nurture - Family History for Adoptees by Janet Hovorka and Amy Slade. November 18.
- Multi-Media Story Telling by Devin Ashby. November 30.
- Becoming a Genealogy Detective by Sharon Atkins. December 7.
- From the Heartland - Utilizing Online Resources in Midwest Research by Luana Darby. December 14.
- Tracing Your European Ancestors by Julie Goucher. December 16.
- An Introduction to BillionGraves by Garth Fitzner. December 21.
See you online!