The Battle for Bounty Land: War of 1812 and Mexican-American Wars - free webinar by Beth Foulk now online for limited time
The recording of today's webinar, "The Battle for Bounty Land: War of 1812 and Mexican-American Wars" by Beth Foulk is now available to view for free for a limited time at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com.
Land given as a “Bounty” for military service has been an American tradition from the Colonial Era up to the Civil War when the practice saw its ultimate discontinuance. The Spanish-American and Mexican-American Wars and the battle waged by the veterans for their bounty land tell the story of a nation and a military in transition. Lucky for us genealogists, there is a “bounty” of both military pension and land-purchase records left behind to tell the story both nationally and personally.
View the Recording at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 28 minute recording of "The Battle for Bounty Land: War of 1812 and Mexican-American Wars" is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time. Or watch it at your convenience with an annual or monthly webinar membership.
Finally, a guide book covering all aspects of bounty land from the Revolution through the last bounty land act of 1855. This book explains in detail why bounty land was granted, who was eligible, and the process that was needed to claim it. Learn about these incredibly rich documents holding all types of family information. The book includes an appendix of the laws granting bounty land. An indispensable guide to learning about and accessing these important underused records.
Paperback: 176 pages, 8.5" x 11", illustrated, published 2011.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 394 classes, 556 hours of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 1,728 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year
- Monthly membership: $9.95/month
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- Homestead Act of 1862 - Following the Witnesses by Bernice Bennett. August 12.
- Another Kind of Navigation: GPS for Genealogy by Shellee Morehead, CG. August 16. Hosted by the Board for Certification of Genealogists.
- Successfully Applying to a Lineage Society by Amy Johnson Crow. August 17.
- Using Findmypast to Unlock Your Irish Ancestry by Brian Donovan. August 24.
- Finding French Ancestors by Luana Darby. August 26.
- The Treasure Trove in Legislative Petitions by Judy Russell. September 14.
- Clooz - A Document-Based Software Companion by Richard Thomas. September 16.
- How to Use FamilySearch.org for Beginners by Devin Ashby. September 21.
- Beginning Polish Genealogy by Lisa Alzo and Jonathan Shea. September 28.
- AHA! Analysis of Handwriting for Genealogical Research by Ron Arons. October 5.
- Time and Place - Using Genealogy's Cross-Hairs by Jim Beidler. October 12.
- Finding Your Ancestors' German Hometown by Ursula Krause. October 14.
- Social History Websites That Bring Your Ancestor's Story to Life by Gena Philibert-Ortega. October 19.
- Flip for Flickr - Share, Store and Save Your Family Photos by Maureen Taylor. October 26.
- Analysis and Correlation - Two Keys to Sound Conclusions by Chris Staats. November 2.
- Publishing a Genealogy E-Book by Thomas MacEntee. November 9.
- Dating Family Photographs by Jane Neff Rollins. November 16.
- Nature & Nurture - Family History for Adoptees by Janet Hovorka and Amy Slade. November 18.
- Multi-Media Story Telling by Devin Ashby. November 30.
- Becoming a Genealogy Detective by Sharon Atkins. December 7.
- From the Heartland - Utilizing Online Resources in Midwest Research by Luana Darby. December 14.
- Tracing Your European Ancestors by Julie Goucher. December 16.
- An Introduction to BillionGraves by Garth Fitzner. December 21.
See you online!