If you're like a lot of genealogists, you get your best work done during the middle of the night. There comes a point that we should really get to bed - so we'll have enough energy to spend another full day doing genealogy. (Now wouldn't that be ideal!)
Legacy's built-in Alarm Center lets you set a pop-up alarm reminding you to go to bed, pick up the kids, or anything you need.
To use the alarm feature, you must first set the activation time and message:
- Click on the Options menu and select the Alarm Setting option. (You can also click on the time indicator at the bottom of the main window.)
- Specify the alarm display time by setting the hour, minutes and AM-PM indicator.
- Turn the alarm on by clicking ON.
- Specify the Snooze time. This is the number of minutes before the alarm message is displayed again if Snooze is clicked.
- Enter a message to be displayed when the alarm is activated. This could be a reminder, such as writing that letter to Aunt Mary, or it could be just a note telling yourself that it's late and you have to go to work tomorrow. . . .
- When everything is set correctly, click OK.
When the alarm time is reached (according to the system time set in your computer), the Alarm Message window displays the current time and message. You can choose to work a little longer by clicking Snooze, turn the alarm off, reset the alarm to the same time tomorrow or reset the alarm to a new time.