Getting help in using Legacy is usually just a mouse-click away. If you need step-by-step instructions for a certain task, need to talk with someone, or get advice from other Legacy users, here are some different methods of finding help:
Legacy Help File. Access the help system inside Legacy by clicking on the Help menu, then click Contents. The help file is packed with step-by-step instructions, tips and tricks, and even tutorial lessons.
Legacy Manual. Over 350 pages of step-by-step instructions, indexed, easy-to-read, and fully-illustrated.
Legacy Family Tree Video Training Series. The 5-CD set not only teaches how to use Legacy, but it also teaches genealogy principles and methodologies. These CDs help you "do it right" the first time.
Legacy User Group. This mailing list is for Legacy users to share ideas and to help each other.
Online Help Center. Read this first if you come across a possible bug or need quick technical support.
Tips from the Experts. A large collection of tips: e-mail attachments, organizing your paper files, sources, web pages, etc.
Daily Tips. Recent Articles:
- How to locate your Legacy family file on your computer
- Different Methods of Receiving Legacy News articles
- Using Legacy's IntelliShare to Coordinate Research with Others
- How to Record Conflicting Information
- How is my Father's Brother's Son's Daughter related to me?
- New Legacy Brochure for your Society, Library, or User Group
- Set the Preferred Startup Family
- How to Count the Number of Descendants
- Fixing Potential Relationship Problems
- Who Else Shares Your Birthday?
- Understanding Genealogy Numbering Systems
- Organizing Sources
- Backup and File Restoration
- Birthday/Anniversary Reminders
- Right-Click menus
- Three Proven Methods for Getting Responses from your Living Relatives
- Legacy 6 Video - Download it to CD for free
- The Legacy Affiliate Program Earns You 15% Commissions
- Choose your Startup View
- View More Children at a Time
- Alarm Clock
- Family View Labels
- Updating Legacy
- Upload your GEDCOM files to Internet for Added Safety
- Radius Searches