Windows Vista Users
If you have Windows Vista, please download and install the update from our website at http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/DownloadUpdate.asp. You will only have to do this once. In the future, you may update as usual via the Download Now link on the Legacy Home tab.
All other Deluxe Edition Users
If you have Legacy 6.0 Deluxe Edition, connect to the Internet, then start Legacy and click on the "Install and Download Now" on the Legacy Home tab. (If you're reading this from within the Legacy Home tab, you'll first need to click on the Home button in the top left which looks like the following picture:)
Legacy 6.0 Standard Edition Users
Standard Edition users are required to visit our web site in order to download the new update.
- Vista - Added support for Windows Vista, including an updated Help system.
- New Timelines
- Canada - 'Canada - General History' timeline. Contributed by Dave Naylor.
- France - 'Ducs de Lorraine (1048 - 1766)' timeline.
- Scotland - 'Scotland - General History from 1500' timeline.
- Wales - 'Wales - Census' timeline.
- Wales - 'Wales - General History from 1536' timeline.
- Ancestor Chart - Added a new "Pack information on one line" option.
- Calendar Creator - The "Married names" option is now smarter.
- Dates - Out of range years, like 18887 are now questioned.
- Family Group Sheets - Added a warning that "Don't split children over page break" must be used when printing children's pictures.
- GEDCOM Export - Quoted names within a Given Name are now exported as nicknames.
- GEDCOM Import - Now imports Family Tree Maker's marriage reference fields.
- Toolbar Customization - The icons now change size on the customization screen when the Size option is changed.
For a list of fixes click here.