Discovering Family History is a brand new magazine dedicated to genealogy. In fact, it is the latest magazine from the publishers of Family Chronicle, Internet Genealogy, and History Magazine. This new bi-monthly magazine is targeted at people who are starting their genealogy, need a refresher course or are tackling a new aspect of genealogy.
Discovering Family History articles are being written by some of the most respected book and magazine authors and many of them have extensive experience of teaching genealogy courses, either face-to-face or online.
The free preview issue has an impressive Table of Contents:
- First Things First: Genealogy news you can use!
- A Few Fantastic Free Family History Websites
- Let Obituaries Speak To You
- What's Coming In Discovering Family History
- The Ultimate Guide to Subscription Databases
- Who Else Is Researching Your Name?
- What Is A Vital Record?
- Citing Sources
- Case Study: Getting To Know Pap
- Computing Basics
- 10 First Steps
- It's All About Parents
- Genealogical Societies
- Web 2.0
- Making Sense of the US Census
- It's Only Words
To download the free online preview edition, click here. (The file is approximately 1.6 megabytes. File download times will vary depending on connection speed.)
For more information, visit www.discoveringfamilyhistory.com.