Genealogists in or near Ottawa, Ontario have a tremendous opportunity to learn the ins and outs of Legacy Family Tree 7.0. On Friday, September 19, 2008 Global Genealogy's Rick Roberts will present an all-day workshop on Legacy 7, with instruction designed for all levels of expertise.
The workshop, held at Library and Archives Canada, is part of the 14th annual British Isles Family History Society of Greater Ottawa conference.
Other classes include:
- Next Steps in Genealogy
- Genealogy with Wings: Reflections of a Family Historian in an Age of Techno-enthusiasm
- UK Archives and Record Offices Online
- English Occupational Records
- Terra Nostra: the Stories Behind Canada's Maps 1550-1950
- English Probate Records: the Middle Ages to 2008
- Genealogy 2.0: What Do I Need to Know?
- Mission: Organization - Systematic, Safe, Accessible
- Other Ranks in the British Army: 1760-1913
- How Far Can You Go ... Online?
- The English Parish Chest: Finding and Using the Records
- Citations for Genealogical Sources
- British Merchant Navy Seaman Records
- One for All, All for One: Fraternal Societies and Family History
- The Past, Present and Future of Libraries for Family Historians
- Migration Within the British Isles (1660-1860)
For more information and to register, visit http://www.bifhsgo.ca/Conference2008.htm.