We have a great new update for you to download. This update adds new historical timelines and fixes a few minor problems you have reported.
- Canada - Census. A chronology of when the census was taken in Canada.
- U.S. - Oklahoma History. History of Oklahoma, by M. La Nell Shores.
- U.S. States and Territories - Dates of Organization and Admission.
These historical timelines are utilized in the Chronology View. When they are turned on, the historical events will be inserted into the ancestor's personal timeline, giving the researcher a sense of the ancestor's place in history.
- In the Chronology View, go to Options button > Include tab > Select Background Timelines > Add a Timeline File.
- Select the desired timeline from the list and click OK > Save.
- On the Include tab, be sure to place a checkmark next to Select Background Timelines and click Save. The timeline now appears embedded into the ancestor's timeline. It also displays the age of the ancestor at the time of each event.
What's been fixed
For a list of what has been fixed, click here.
How to Update
For our Deluxe Edition users, all you have to do is connect to the Internet, start Legacy 7.0, and click on the "Install and Download Now" link on the Legacy Home tab. (If you're reading this from within the Legacy Home tab inside of Legacy 7.0, you'll first need to click on the Home button in the top left of the Legacy Home tab which looks like the following picture:
If you are a Standard Edition Legacy user, you will need to visit our website. Go to http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/DownloadUpdate.asp and follow the instructions.