Next week will be one of the busiest genealogy conference weeks ever in Salt Lake City, Utah. In addition to:
- the BYU Conference on Computerized Family History and Genealogy (Monday and Tuesday),
- the FamilySearch Developer's conference (Tuesday),
- the Workshop on Technology for Family History and Genealogical Research (Wednesday),
- and the National Genealogical Society conference (Wednesday-Saturday),
there is one conference that anyone with a desire to be a professional researcher should attend. The International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists (ICAPGen) has announced a free one-day seminar to help prepare genealogists to become accredited. The seminar will be conducted on Tuesday, April 27, 2010.
Accredited Genealogist presenters will discuss each section of the accreditation process from preparing the application to taking the written competency test and oral review. Participants will have the opportunity to:
- hear about the benefits of receiving a credential
- learn how to complete an application form to best represent one’s experience and level of knowledge
- find out how to compose an effective, quality client report and assemble accompanying documents to complete the required application project packet
- view sample test questions
- practice timed test segments
- observe a mock oral review
This seminar will be most helpful for the following individuals:
- applicants currently preparing their accreditation projects
- applicants who plan to schedule their written test during 2010
- individuals who plan to submit their application during 2010
Space is limited so early registration is recommended. To register for the free one-day seminar, please include your name, phone number, address, and area in which you plan to become accredited in an e-mail response to email@example.com. You must be registered to attend.
The seminar will be held at the Church History Museum Auditorium in Salt Lake City, Utah (the museum is located directly north of the Family History Library. For more information, please click here.
We (Legacy Family Tree staff) will be at most of these events so please stop by and say hello. For more information about next week's events, or to see where we'll be the rest of the year, view our online calendar here.