Now online - Chasing Women: Finding Your Female Ancestors
New webinar in the archives - Newspapers: Critical Resource to Complete Your Family Tree

Webinar-on-CD: Google for Genealogists & Sharing Genealogy Electronically - now shipping

Two popular webinars are now available to purchase on CD for just $9.95 each. Both come with a four page syllabus.

Viewing a webinar-on-CD is like having your own private genealogy instructor in your home - anytime! Just insert the CD into your computer's CD or DVD drive and enjoy personal training from the industry's finest teachers. The video topics are bookmarked so you can quickly jump from topic to topic or just watch it straight through. You can pause, rewind, or fast-forward at your leisure.

Google for Genealogists webinar-on-CD, 1 hour 28 minutes

CD-artwork-Google Most genealogists are only using 10% or less of the resources behind Google when it comes to genealogy research. Learn from professional genealogist, Thomas MacEntee, about the other 90% and how these Google components can be leveraged for better search results. Google is more than just a search engine – it is a wealth of information much of which goes unnoticed by the average genealogist. Besides search, Google allows you to access maps, books, journals, abstracts, patents and much more. These components may be what is needed to make advances in your genealogy research.

Topics include:

  • Google Search
  • Google Books
  • Google Scholar
  • Photographs
  • Picasa
  • Office Productivity
  • Google Calendar
  • Mail
  • Sites
  • Groups
  • Translate
  • Transcription
  • News
  • Reader
  • Alerts
  • Maps
  • Google Earth
  • Patents
  • Question/answer session

About the author:
ThomasMacentee-small Thomas MacEntee is a professional genealogist specializing in the use of technology and social media to improve genealogical research and as a means of interacting with others in the family history community. Utilizing over 25 years of experience in the information technology field, Thomas writes and lectures on the many ways in which blogs, Facebook and Twitter can be leveraged to add new dimensions to the genealogy experience. As the creator of he has organized and engaged a community of over 1,300 bloggers to document their own journeys in the search for ancestors.

Click here to order this webinar-on-CD for just $9.95.

Sharing Genealogy Electronically webinar-on-CD, 1 hour 49 minutes

Websharing Learn about various methods of sharing your genealogy - printed books, print-on-demand publishing, websites, shareable CDs, and more. Join Legacy Family Tree's Geoff Rasmussen as he teaches how to better use Legacy Family Tree for sharing your genealogy with others.

Topics include:

  • Pros and cons of printing your genealogy book using traditional methods vs. print-on-demand services
  • Preparing and printing your genealogy book: creating the skeleton (rich text file), adding the meat (stories, pictures, etc.), creating the index and the Table of Contents.
  • Multiple lines of descent book
  • Publishing to the Internet: GEDCOM-based submission sites vs. creating your own web site
  • Using and getting your own domain name (like
  • Creating web pages in Legacy
  • Publishing to a CD or DVD
  • Adding pictures in Legacy
  • Publish to a flash drive
  • Using Passage Express software
  • Questions and answers from live callers around the world
  • and other tips and tricks along the way

About the presenter:
GeoffMug2 Geoff Rasmussen is the father of four budding genealogists. He graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in Family History and Genealogy. He served as director and vice-president of the Utah Genealogical Association and has taught hundreds (maybe thousands?) of classes around the world. He is the host of the Legacy Family Tree webinars, author of the Legacy training CDs, and helps develop the Legacy Family Tree software. He met and proposed to his wife in a Family History Center.

Click here to order this webinar-on-CD for just $9.95. Expected ship date: February 5, 2011

Other webinars

Click here to view our complete list of webinars or to register for future webinars. Registration is free!


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

The comments to this entry are closed.