Are you overwhelmed with the number of online resources for genealogical research? Are you constantly working with unorganized bookmarks or favorites? Printing out lists of websites you use most? Learn how to build a research toolbox that is organized, easy-to-use, and can be accessed from almost anywhere.
Join webinar host Geoff Rasmussen and speaker Thomas MacEntee (author of Google for Genealogists and Backing Up Your Genealogy Data) for this 90-minute free webinar, Building a Research Toolbox. Participants will learn not only some of the most important online resources for genealogical research, but also how to organize these resources into an easy-to-access and portable virtual toolbox.
The live webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, April 6, 2011, so register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free.
About the presenter
Thomas MacEntee is a professional genealogist specializing in the use of technology and social media to improve genealogical research and as a means of interacting with others in the family history community. Utilizing over 25 years of experience in the information technology field, Thomas writes and lectures on the many ways in which blogs, Facebook and Twitter can be leveraged to add new dimensions to the genealogy experience. As the creator of GeneaBloggers.com he has organized and engaged a community of over 1,800 bloggers to document their own journeys in the search for ancestors.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, April 6, 2011 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific/Arizona
- 6pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email during the week prior to the webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
Other upcoming webinars
Thursday, April 21, 2011. Dropbox for Genealogists with Thomas MacEntee. Register here.
Wednesday, May 4, 2011. Preserving Family Photographs: 1839 to the Present with Maureen Taylor. Register here.
Wednesday, May 11, 2011. Further Your Research and Unify Your Family Reunion with Beautiful Genealogy Charts with Janet Hovorka. Register here.
Wednesday, May 18, 2011. Google Docs for Genealogists with Thomas MacEntee. Register here.
Wednesday, June 1, 2011. Google Forms for Genealogists with Thomas MacEntee. Register here.
Wednesday, June 29, 2011. Ready, Set, Write! Share Your Family's Story with Lisa Alzo. Register here.
Wednesday, July 13, 2011. The Power of DNA in Unlocking Family Relationships with Ugo Perego. Register here.
View past webinars
Our webinars are available in the archives at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp for at least 10 days. Select webinars are now available to purchase on CD for $9.95 each:
- Google for Genealogists by Thomas MacEntee, 1 hour 28 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- Sharing Genealogy Electronically by Geoff Rasmussen, 1 hour 49 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- Chasing Women: Finding Your Female Ancestors, by Leland Meitzler, 1 hour 21 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- Blogging for Beginners with DearMYRTLE, 1 hour 30 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- MORE Blogging for Beginners with DearMYRTLE, 1 hour 30 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- Backing Up Your Genealogy Data, 1 hour 30 minutes, 6 pages of handouts.