Learn how to use Google Forms which is part of Google Docs - a free application complete with spreadsheets, word processing and more - to your advantage. While a basic understanding of Google Docs is not necessary, it helps if you know how to access the Google Docs program (see the Google Docs for Genealogists webinar recording). We'll cover how to create new forms, how to add templates, how to embed forms in blogs and websites, how to share forms, and how to be notified each time a form is competed.
Join webinar host Geoff Rasmussen and speaker Thomas MacEntee (author of Google for Genealogists, Backing Up Your Genealogy Data, Building a Research Toolbox, Dropbox for Genealogists, and Google Docs for Genealogists) for this 90-minute free webinar, Google Forms for Genealogists.
The live webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, June 1, 2011, so register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free.
About the presenter
Thomas MacEntee is a professional genealogist specializing in the use of technology and social media to improve genealogical research and as a means of interacting with others in the family history community. Utilizing over 25 years of experience in the information technology field, Thomas writes and lectures on the many ways in which blogs, Facebook and Twitter can be leveraged to add new dimensions to the genealogy experience. As the creator of GeneaBloggers.com he has organized and engaged a community of over 1,800 bloggers to document their own journeys in the search for ancestors.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, June 1, 2011 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific/Arizona
- 6pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email during the week prior to the webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
Other upcoming webinars
Friday, June 3, 2011. Cruising with Legacy Family Tree in 2012 with Christy Downing. Register here.
Wednesday, June 29, 2011. Ready, Set, Write! Share Your Family's Story with Lisa Alzo. Register here.
Wednesday, July 13, 2011. The Power of DNA in Unlocking Family Relationships with Ugo Perego. Register here.
Wednesday, July 20, 2011. Google Images and Beyond with Maureen Taylor. Register here.
Wednesday, August 3, 2011. Organizing for Success with Karen Clifford. Register here.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011. Newspapers for Genealogists with Tom Kemp. Register here.
View past webinars
Our webinars are available in the archives at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp for at least 10 days. Select webinars are now available to purchase on CD for $9.95 each:
- Google for Genealogists by Thomas MacEntee, 1 hour 28 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- Sharing Genealogy Electronically by Geoff Rasmussen, 1 hour 49 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- Chasing Women: Finding Your Female Ancestors, by Leland Meitzler, 1 hour 21 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- Blogging for Beginners with DearMYRTLE, 1 hour 30 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- MORE Blogging for Beginners with DearMYRTLE, 1 hour 30 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- Backing Up Your Genealogy Data, 1 hour 30 minutes, 6 pages of handouts.
- Mapping Software for Genealogists, by Geoff Rasmussen. 1 hour 4 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- Building a Research Toolbox, by Thomas MacEntee. 1 hour 28 minutes, 5 pages of handouts.
- Dropbox for Genealogists, by Thomas MacEntee. 1 hour 30 minutes, 18 pages of handouts.
- Preserving Family Photographs, by Maureen Taylor. 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Google Docs for Genealogists, by Thomas MacEntee. 1 hour 30 minutes, 9 pages of handouts.
- Watch Geoff Live: Adding a Death Certificate, by Geoff Rasmussen. 1 hour 23 minutes.
- Watch Geoff Live: Adding a Marriage Record, by Geoff Rasmussen. 1 hour 45 minutes.