You've gathered the facts, interviewed your relatives and entered the names, dates, and places into Legacy. Now what? Family history is so much more than just a collection of facts or charts. In this webinar, presented by professional writer, Lisa Alzo, you'll learn key techniques and tools for documenting your ancestors' lives, or your own life story, how to overcome writer's block, and methods for creating a compelling family history narrative in simple, manageable steps.
Join webinar host Geoff Rasmussen and speaker Lisa Alzo for this 90-minute free webinar, Ready, Set, Write! Share Your Family's Story.
The live webinar is scheduled for Wednesday, June 29, 2011, so register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free.
About the presenter
Lisa A. Alzo. M.F.A. is a freelance writer, instructor, and internationally recognized lecturer, specializing in Slovak/Eastern European genealogical research, writing your family history, and using the Internet to trace female and immigrant ancestors. She is the author of nine books, including the award winning, Three Slovak Women, and hundreds of magazine articles, and writes the blog, The Accidental Genealogist.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific/Arizona
- 6pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email during the week prior to the webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
Other upcoming webinars
Wednesday, July 6, 2011. Leveraging the Power of "We": a Watershed Event in Discovering Where to Find Your Ancestors with FamilySearch's Michael Ritchey. Register here.
Wednesday, July 13, 2011. The Power of DNA in Unlocking Family Relationships with Ugo Perego. Register here.
Wednesday, July 20, 2011. Google Images and Beyond with Maureen Taylor. Register here.
Wednesday, August 3, 2011. Organizing for Success with Karen Clifford. Register here.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011. Newspapers for Genealogists with Tom Kemp. Register here.
View past webinars
Our webinars are available in the archives at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp for at least 10 days. Select webinars are now available to purchase on CD for $9.95 each:
- Google for Genealogists by Thomas MacEntee, 1 hour 28 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- Sharing Genealogy Electronically by Geoff Rasmussen, 1 hour 49 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- Chasing Women: Finding Your Female Ancestors, by Leland Meitzler, 1 hour 21 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- Blogging for Beginners with DearMYRTLE, 1 hour 30 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- MORE Blogging for Beginners with DearMYRTLE, 1 hour 30 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- Backing Up Your Genealogy Data, 1 hour 30 minutes, 6 pages of handouts.
- Mapping Software for Genealogists, by Geoff Rasmussen. 1 hour 4 minutes, 4 pages of handouts.
- Building a Research Toolbox, by Thomas MacEntee. 1 hour 28 minutes, 5 pages of handouts.
- Dropbox for Genealogists, by Thomas MacEntee. 1 hour 30 minutes, 18 pages of handouts.
- Preserving Family Photographs, by Maureen Taylor. 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Google Docs for Genealogists, by Thomas MacEntee. 1 hour 30 minutes, 9 pages of handouts.
- Watch Geoff Live: Adding a Death Certificate, by Geoff Rasmussen. 1 hour 23 minutes.
- Watch Geoff Live: Adding a Marriage Record, by Geoff Rasmussen. 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Google Forms for Genealogists, by Thomas MacEntee. 1 hour 26 minutes, 14 pages of handouts.