Today's webinar, The Power of DNA in Unlocking Family Relationships, presented by Dr. Ugo A. Perego is now available in our webinar archives. Ugo did a fantastic job of explaining how genetic testing can assist our genealogy research. We also made the announcement that Legacy Family Tree now supports both Y-DNA AND the brand new mt-DNA data entry.
View the recording
If you could not make it to the live event, the 1 hour 39 minute recording of The Power of DNA in Unlocking Family Relationships is now available to view in our webinar archives. Visit www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp to watch. It will be available there indefinitely.
Congrats to the door prize winners
- 1 free DNA testing kit
- 2 - 1 hour DNA consultations
- 3 - "I Seek Dead People" t-shirts
Pre-order the webinar-on-CD
Own your own copy of The Power of DNA in Unlocking Family Relationships by purchasing the webinar-on-CD for just $9.95. It includes the recording of the class, the complete Q/A session, and 5 pages of handouts. Click here for more information or to purchase.
DNA Kits Now Available for Purchase
Order your own DNA testing kit from our online store. These options are available:
- Enhanced Maternal Lineage Test (mtDNA HVR-1,2,3) for $179
- Enhanced Paternal Lineage Test (Y-DNA 46 marker) for $179
- Enhanced Combo - mtDNA and Y-DNA lineage tests for $298 (savings of $60)
Special discount coupon
The special discount coupon of dna that was announced during the webinar is valid for 10% off anything in our online store through Monday, July 18, 2011.
- You have "solved" an avenue. I might use to try to connect our two families which we cannot documentally connect as the church records stop. The two progenitors (GGGgrandfathers) lived a few kilometers apart, with the same surname so we are "convinced" they might be "brothers".
- Wonderful information about the dna tests and how they can help your genealogical searches. Thank you!
- Very well presented; though the content was advanced, Ugo did an excellent job of explaining it in layman's terms.
- Very good explanation of complicated subject. Also, good hints on testing to find information on collaterals so you know whom to test.
- This webinar was absolutely fascinating. I knew nothing about DNA (I have been avoiding it) and now I am wanting to jump right in.
- I was mezmerized by this information. It was well presented and provided a wealth of information that was easily understood. Many thanks to Ugo Perego and his company for their service. I greatly enjoyed the webinar.
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- Google Images and Beyond with Maureen Taylor - Wednesday, July 20, 2011
- Organizing for Success with Karen Clifford - Wednesday, August 3, 2011
- Newspapers for Genealogists with Tom Kemp - Wednesday, August 17, 2011
- Best Internet Resources for African American Genealogy with Angela Walton-Raji - Wednesday, August 31, 2011
- Facebook for Genealogists with Thomas MacEntee - Wednesday, September 14, 2011
- Researching Your Connecticut Ancestors with Marian Pierre-Louis - Wednesday, September 21, 2011