Marriages and Anniversaries: Mining Newspapers - free webinar now online by Tom Kemp
June 20, 2012
Newspapers are packed with information celebrating the engagements, marriages and anniversaries. They also reported on the heartbreak of those marriages that ended in divorce. Learn what you can discover about your family in the recording of today's webinar by Tom Kemp. He also showed the new look of GenealogyBank.com and demonstrated its new searching abilities. Being able to search specifically for marriages, or engagement records, or divorce records is a great new search tool.
View the recording
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 30 minute recording of Marriages and Anniversaries: Mining Newspapers is now available to view in our webinar archives. Visit www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp to watch. It is available for free indefinitely.
GenealogyBank has offered our webinar viewers a limited-time special of 25% off the annual membership rate. The normal price is $69.95, the discount is $52.46. This is valid through Monday, June 25. Visit
Special discount coupon
The special discount coupon of genbank that was announced during the webinar is valid for 10% off anything in our online store through Monday, June 25, 2012.
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- Staying Safe with Social Media with Thomas MacEntee, June 22.
- Digital Images for Genealogists and Technologists: scanning, digitizing, editing, and preserving your photos with Geoff Rasmussen. June 27.
- The Quest for your English Ancestors with Claire V. Brisson-Banks. July 11.
- Plan Your Way to Research Success with Marian Pierre-Louis, July 18.
- The Genealogy Cloud: Which Online Storage Program Is Right For You? with Thomas MacEntee, July 27.
- Neglected History by Megan Smolenyak, August 1.
- Wikis for Genealogists with Thomas MacEntee. August 8.
- The 5 C's for Success in Genealogy Today with Barbara Renick. August 22.
- Building a Family from Circumstantial Evidence, with Judy G. Russell, CG. August 29.
- Beyond the Arrival Date: Extracting More from Passenger Lists with Lisa Alzo. September 5.
- What is a 'Reasonably Exhaustive Search'? with Michael Hait. September 12.
- Getting Started with Heritage Collector Software with Kathleen Bitter
- Use Your Digital Camera to Copy Records with Mary Hill. September 19.
- Digital Research Guidance, Research Logs, and To Do Lists: FamilySearch, Research Wiki, and Legacy Family Tree with Geoff Rasmussen. September 26.
- Privacy and our Ancestors with Thomas MacEntee. October 3.
- Researching Your Irish Ancestors: Beyond the Basics with Judy Wight. October 10.
- Ten Brick Wall Tips for Intermediate Researchers with Marian Pierre-Louis, October 17.
- Your Civil War Ancestors: Beginning Your Research with Michael Hait. October 24.
- Breaking Down Your Irish Brick Wall with Judy Wight. October 31.
- Researching Your Canadian Ancestors - an Overview with Claire Brisson-Banks. November 7.
- Genealogy for Novices: Where Do We Begin with Linda Geiger. November 14.
- The Big 4 U.S. Record Sources with Mary Hill. November 28.
See you online!
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.