Putting Flesh on the Bones - free webinar now online by Ron Arons
June 13, 2012
Ron Arons did a wonderful job of showing how he added the flesh to his ancestral genealogical bones in today's webinar, Putting Flesh on the Bones. His case study showed how persistence, intrigue, spreadsheets, and locating as many records as possible can really bring an ancestor to life. I loved his definition of genealogy: "extended psychotherapy" and his admission that he was "1/8 criminal." Whatever point you are at in your research, you will learn about real family history and thoroughly enjoy yourself! Well done Ron Arons.
View the recording
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 30 minute recording of Putting Flesh on the Bones is now available to view in our webinar archives. Visit www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp to watch. It is available for free until June 25, 2012.
Own your own copy of Putting Flesh on the Bones by purchasing the webinar-on-CD for just $9.95. It includes the 1 hour 30 minute recording of the class, the complete Q/A session, and 1 page of handouts. Click here for more information or to purchase.
Special discount coupon
The special discount coupon of bones that was announced during the webinar is valid for 10% off anything in our online store through Monday, June 18, 2012.
Be sure to visit Ron's website, www.RonArons.com, for his entire line of Black Sheep products, including his book, WANTED! U.S. Criminal Records: Sources and Research Methodology and his book, Jews of Sing Sing.
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- Marriages and Anniversaries. Mining newspapers for engagements, marriages, anniversaries, and divorce records with Tom Kemp, June 20.
- Staying Safe with Social Media with Thomas MacEntee, June 22.
- Digital Images for Genealogists and Technologists: scanning, digitizing, editing, and preserving your photos with Geoff Rasmussen. June 27.
- The Quest for your English Ancestors with Claire V. Brisson-Banks. July 11.
- Plan Your Way to Research Success with Marian Pierre-Louis, July 18.
- The Genealogy Cloud: Which Online Storage Program Is Right For You? with Thomas MacEntee, July 27.
- Neglected History by Megan Smolenyak, August 1.
- Wikis for Genealogists with Thomas MacEntee. August 8.
- The 5 C's for Success in Genealogy Today with Barbara Renick. August 22.
- Building a Family from Circumstantial Evidence, with Judy G. Russell, CG. August 29.
- Beyond the Arrival Date: Extracting More from Passenger Lists with Lisa Alzo. September 5.
- What is a 'Reasonably Exhaustive Search'? with Michael Hait. September 12.
- Getting Started with Heritage Collector Software with Kathleen Bitter
- Use Your Digital Camera to Copy Records with Mary Hill. September 19.
- Digital Research Guidance, Research Logs, and To Do Lists: FamilySearch, Research Wiki, and Legacy Family Tree with Geoff Rasmussen. September 26.
- Privacy and our Ancestors with Thomas MacEntee. October 3.
- Researching Your Irish Ancestors: Beyond the Basics with Judy Wight. October 10.
- Ten Brick Wall Tips for Intermediate Researchers with Marian Pierre-Louis, October 17.
- Your Civil War Ancestors: Beginning Your Research with Michael Hait. October 24.
- Breaking Down Your Irish Brick Wall with Judy Wight. October 31.
- Researching Your Canadian Ancestors - an Overview with Claire Brisson-Banks. November 7.
- Genealogy for Novices: Where Do We Begin with Linda Geiger. November 14.
- The Big 4 U.S. Record Sources with Mary Hill. November 28.
See you online!
This was a really interesting webinar. I enjoyed it :)
Posted by: Michele Simmons Lewis | June 18, 2012 at 01:37 PM
I just put together a chart very similar to what Ron did in the webinar showing all of his conflicting data. I just solved a minor brick wall because of it. I noticed something that I hadn't noticed before!
Posted by: Michele Simmons Lewis | June 19, 2012 at 08:21 AM
Wow...I was on the edge of my seat throughout the whole program! Mr. Arons is my new role model!
Posted by: Roxanne Wolfe | June 22, 2012 at 10:20 PM