Webinar Friday - Online Genealogy: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly by Linda Geiger
January 29, 2013
New genealogical resources, eLearning tools, “how-to” discussions, and other items useful to the genealogist and family historian appear online nearly every day. This webinar, presented by Linda Woodward Geiger, will provide some tips and tricks for staying current with data that is most important to you and your research. Some standards for using online sources and for sharing information with others will be also be addressed.
Join us for the live webinar on Friday, February 1, 2013 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Before joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
Test Your Webinar Connection
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here and then click on the "Test Your GoToWebinar Connection" link.
About the presenter
Linda Woodward Geiger is a professional historical and genealogical researcher, author, and lecturer. She is an associate of the Board for Certification of Genealogists (BCG), holding credentials as a Certified Genealogistsm and as a Certified Genealogical Lecturersm. Although she specializes in Georgia's state and county records prior to 1900 and a variety of federal records, particularly of the southeast region of the United States, she has extensive experience in Cherokee research before and during removal. She also specializes in methods for finding elusive ancestors--those mighty brick walls.
Linda is the coordinator for a new course for the 2013 Institute of Genealogical and Historical Research (IGHR)—The Five Civilized Tribes: The Records and Where to Find Them.
Linda is on the board of the Georgia Genealogical Society and Friends of the National Archives Southeast Region. She moderates monthly webinars for each organization and serves as their respective webmaster.
She is also the author of:
- Genealogy for Novices: Where Do We Begin? webinar-on-CD
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Friday, February 1, 2013 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain/Arizona
- 11am Pacific
- 7pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/webinars.asp today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email during the week prior to the webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here by clicking on the "Test Your GoToWebinar Connection" link.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.