Register for Webinar Wednesday - You Use WHAT for Genealogy? Wonderful Uses for Unusual Tools by Thomas MacEntee
Have you ever wondered if you’re missing out on how some genealogists are using tools such as Evernote, Microsoft Word or Excel, Google and more? In Wednesday's free webinar, presented by Thomas MacEntee, learn what’s hot in the world of apps and websites and how you can start using them! We’ll review a group of familiar apps and websites that are being used in creative ways by the genealogy community. You’ll also learn how to think “outside the margins” and start repurposing other apps and sites for your genealogy research.
Join us for the live webinar this Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Before joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
Download the syllabus
Thomas' 1-page syllabus with all of the major website links is now available to download/save/print for webinar subscribers here.
Test Your Webinar Connection
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here.
Can't make it to the live event?
No worries. Its recording will be available for free for the first 7 days after the live event. Webinar Subscribers have unlimited access for the duration of their membership.
About the presenter
When Thomas MacEntee is not busy writing blog posts, organizing the 2500+ members of GeneaBloggers, teaching online genealogy webinars and more, Thomas MacEntee is busy in his role as “genealogy ninja.” Stealth is not always easy, but Thomas manages to get the inside track on emerging technologies and vendors as they relate to the genealogy industry. After being laid off from a 25-year career in the tech industry in 2008, Thomas has been able to “repurpose” his skill set for the genealogy community and loves to see other genealogists succeed, whether it is with their own research or building their own careers in the field. You can reach Thomas at email@example.com or visit his site at High-Definition Genealogy.
- Next Exit: Your New Jersey Ancestors
- Behind the Cheese Curtain: A Look at Wisconsin Genealogy Resources
- 10 Ideas for Great Gifts Using Your Family Photos
- Privacy and Our Ancestors
- Wikis for Genealogists
- The Genealogy Cloud: Which Online Storage Program Is Right For You?
- Staying Safe with Social Media
- Researching Your New York Ancestors
- Navigating the 1940 U.S. census
- It Is Well With My Soul: Finding Ancestors Amid the Rubble of Disaster and Misfortune
- Facebook for Genealogists
- Google Forms for Genealogists
- Google Docs for Genealogists
- Dropbox for Genealogists
- Building a Research Toolbox
- Backing up your genealogy data
- Google for Genealogists
- You Use WHAT for Genealogy: Wonderful Uses for Unusual Tools
- Mind Mapping Your Research Plans and Results
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific
- 6pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email both 1 day and 1 hour prior to the live webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!