We have another great new update for our Legacy Family Tree 8 users (free) for you to download. We've added 36 brand new Research Guidance suggestions. Maybe there's a new source or two for one of your ancestors! We also fixed some minor issues you have reported to us.
See the download instructions below for step-by-step instructions on installing this update.
Legacy's exclusive, built-in Research Guidance, takes a look at what you already know about an ancestor, then gives you a prioritized list of research links and suggestions - all based on your ancestor's time period and location. Beginners love the guidance; experienced researchers love the checklist as a way to not overlook potential sources. Here's the list of new Research Guidance sources added in this update:
- Oregon, Marriages, 1853-1935
- Oregon Marriage Indexes, 1906-1925, 1946-2008
- New Mexico, Territorial Census, 1885
- Georgia Deaths, 1928-1938
- Alabama Deaths, 1908-1974
- Quebec Census, 1861
- Ohio Deaths and Burials, 1854-1997
- Norway Burials, 1666-1927
- Norway Baptisms, 1634-1927
- Norway Marriages, 1660-1926
- Sweden Marriages, 1630-1920
- Sweden Baptisms, 1611-1920
- Swedish Burials, 1649-1920
- Swedish Church Records
- Swedish Court Records
- Swedish Estates and Inventories
- Swedish Tax Registers
- 1940 US Federal Census
- Australian Cemeteries
- Reverse Western Australia Marriage Lookup 1906-1965
- WieWasWie (Dutch resource)
SVAR (Swedish resource)
Denmark Burials, 1640-1917
Denmark Civil Marriages, 1851-1961
Denmark Marriages, 1635-1916
Old Fulton NY Postcards
Learn more about Legacy's Research Guidance in this webinar (free): Digital Research Guidance, Research Logs, and To Do Lists by Geoff Rasmussen.
What's Been Fixed
View the October 19 release notes here.
How to Update
For our Deluxe Edition users, all you have to do is connect to the Internet, start Legacy 8, and click on the "Install and Download Now" link on the Legacy Home tab. (If you're reading this from within the Legacy Home tab inside of Legacy 8, you'll first need to click on the Home button in the top left of the Legacy Home tab which looks like the following picture:
If you are a Standard Edition Legacy user, you will need to visit our website. Go to http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/DownloadUpdate.asp and follow the instructions.