Welcome to FamilySearch Indexing! Free webinar by FamilySearch's Devin Ashby now online
October 08, 2014
The recording of today's webinar, "Welcome to FamilySearch Indexing!," by Devin Ashby is now online for free for a limited time at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com. Devin taught how to index records using the FamilySearch Indexing software. He also explained the background and history of indexing, where FamilySearch fits in, and showed a preview of the new indexing software to come in the near future. Most of all, he showed how we can each "pay it forward" a bit. A few comments from our viewers:
- I have had indexing on my mind for some time. Looks like there is almost zero learning curve. This should motivate me and many others to jump in. The water looks nice and warm at the beginners' end of the pool! And I surely have been a "user". Now I can give a little back. Even considering just all the Legacy webinars I've viewed, I need to give back plenty. Thanks for such a worthwhile afternoon!
- Excited to get back to indexing. You are so right it is a way to give back.
- EXCITING, INSPIRATIONAL. We have a Family History club of Seniors (av. age ~70) that I want to share this video with & explain how they can volunteer for indexing and at same time learn to use(search) FamilySearch more effectively for their own genealogical studies!
- I was so happy to learn about indexing today. I wasn't aware of this project before. It's a great way to give back while searching for your own family. Thanks again for a great webinar!
View the Recording at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 29 minute recording of "Welcome to FamilySearch Indexing!" is now available to view in our webinar archives indefinitely. The supplemental syllabus materials are also available here.
Use webinar coupon code - index - for 10% off anything at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com or www.LegacyFamilyTreeStore.com, valid through Monday, October 13, 2014.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 190 classes, 280 hours of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 770 pages)
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout, and yes, you can also use the 10% off webinar coupon above for a total of 15% off)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Annual membership: $49.95/year (that's about the cost of 5 webinar CDs)
- Monthly membership: $9.95/month
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- Researching Your War of 1812 Ancestor by Thomas MacEntee. October 15.
- Tracking Migration Using the Draper Manuscripts by Mary Hill. October 22.
- Legacy Family Tree - Virtual User's Group Meeting by Legacy Family Tree Panel. November 14.
- Using Evernote for Genealogy by Lisa Louise Cooke. November 19.
- Family History for Kids by Devin Ashby. December 3.
- Look Ma, No Hands! Using Dragon Naturally Speaking for Your Genealogy by Ivan Baugh. December 5.
- Researching Your North Carolina Ancestors by J. Mark Lowe. December 10.
- Bagging a Live One - Connecting with Cousins You Never Knew You Had by Mary Kircher Roddy. December 17.
Click here to register. Or click here register for multiple webinars at the same time.
Print the 2014 webinar brochure here.
See you online!
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.