With the new year approaching, why not resolve to be a better relative by remembering family birthdays and anniversaries? (Here's what happened when I forgot this year.)
Two features of Legacy Family Tree make this easy to do:
- Legacy's birthday and anniversary reminders described here.
- Legacy's Calendar Creator.
Legacy can create a birthday calendar, an anniversary calendar, or a combination of the two. There are options to include a cover picture, picture pages above each calendar month, and complete control over color, layout, shadows, fonts, page size, and more. The calendars can be blank or include the birthdates and anniversaries of the people already entered in your family file.
That's right! Because the information (birthdays and anniversaries) is already in your Legacy family file, Legacy will automatically add this to the calendar pages. With the who to include options, you can customize the calendar so only certain family lines are included. You even have the option to skip the anniversaries of divorced couples.
To begin, make sure that you have installed Legacy Family Tree 8 Deluxe Edition available here. Then follow these steps:
- With Legacy open, click on the Reports tab, then the Other Reports button, then the Calendar Creator.
- Using the options on the six tabs, customize the calendar to your preferences.
- Print, and enjoy being the person in your family that never misses a birthday or anniversary!
Instead of including all 20,000+ individuals on my calendar, I selected to include "Only Tagged Living Individuals" (found on the Include tab). I previously "tagged" the descendants of my grandparents and my wife's parents so as to only include those closely related to me.
And wow, creating this calendar reminded me that come August 2015, I'll be turning 40. Hmmm....