Now available! Evernote for Genealogists - Quick Reference Guide by Lisa Louise Cooke
December 18, 2014
Brand new in the Legacy online store! 5.95
Evernote is the fastest-growing note-taking technology out there, so it is no wonder that it is incredibly popular with genealogists. You’ll want to keep this handy cheat sheet close at hand so that you can take advantage of all of Evernote’s powerful capabilities. Lisa Louise Cooke has designed this genealogy reference guide to be easy to use and chock full of ways to maximize your research note-taking. Windows AND Mac Editions.
Quick Reference Guide includes:
- Getting Started Checklist
- Quick Key Break Out Boxes – packed with keystrokes to speed up your use of Evernote
- Specialized Note-taking Actions
- How to Get the Most Out of Clipping
- Tips for Maneuvering the Desktop Client
- Genealogical Organization Recommendations
- Little Known Search Strategies
- Specialized Genealogy Focused Techniques such as Source Citation Tips, Clipping Recommendations, and Using Reminders
- Evernote Premium vs. Free Comparison
- 4 pages
- Available for Windows or Mac
- Author: Lisa Louise Cooke
- Publisher: Genealogy Gems Publications
I just looked at downloading Evernote to see what this is and I noticed that I have to give permission to them to install shopping extensions on my browser. I have had considerable problems with my computer security from other shopping extensions that were installed on my computer. How does one get this software without the additional malware been added to my computer?
Posted by: Earl Schultz | December 22, 2014 at 09:52 PM
Earl, I just downloaded and installed and got no such problems. A clean install with no extensions or permissions whatsoever, and I always check what I am installing, i.e. little checkboxes with hidden installs usually can be unchecked when you install any software. Saves a lot of pain later trying to undo these mishaps.
Posted by: Mark | December 24, 2014 at 09:56 PM