Flash Webinar! Register for "Googling with Geoff" - live on Saturday, January 31
January 30, 2015
Join FamilyTreeWebinars.com's host and Legacy Family Tree developer, Geoff Rasmussen, as he presents "Googling with Geoff" to a live audience as part of the Whittier Area Genealogical Society seminar in Whittier, California on Saturday, January 31 at 1:45pm Eastern U.S. time. Geoff will teach about a variety of tools including:
- Google's Picasa, facial recognition, and syncing with the cloud
- Using an email that will last
- Google Alerts
- Customized Google Searches
- Google Calendar
- Google Earth
While waiting for my airplane en route to Los Angeles this morning, I had the idea to share one of the classes I will teach tomorrow (Saturday) with the rest of the world. Fun for the live seminar audience - they'll get to see the behind-the-scenes of hosting a live webinar. Fun for the webinar audience - they'll get to join one of the classes of the annual Whittier Area Genealogical Society seminar from the comfort of their home. Let's just hope the Internet and microphones are working...we'll see...
Join us for the live webinar Saturday, January 31, 2015 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Before joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
Or register for multiple webinars at once by clicking here.
Not sure if you already registered?
On the Upcoming Webinars tab, login to view the webinars you are already signed up for (available for annual or monthly webinar subscribers).
Test Your Webinar Connection
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here.
Can't make it to the live event?
No worries. Its recording will be available for a limited time. Webinar Subscribers have unlimited access to all webinar recordings for the duration of their membership.
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Saturday, January 31, 2015 at:
- 1:45pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 12:45pm Central
- 11:45am Mountain
- 10:45am Pacific
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email both 1 day and 1 hour prior to the live webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!