Google continues to evolve and change every day. In Wednesday's webinar, Google Guru Lisa Louise Cooke will give you an update on the most recent Google changes, and then unleash advanced search strategies for genealogy that you probably aren’t using, but you must-have in order to get the best results possible. It will be an exciting hour full of tips and tricks you can put into practice right away.
Join us for the live webinar Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 2pm Eastern U.S. Register today to reserve your virtual seat. Registration is free but space is limited to the first 1,000 people to join that day. Before joining, please visit www.java.com to ensure you have the latest version of Java which our webinar software requires. When you join, if you receive a message that the webinar is full, you know we've reached the 1,000 limit, so we invite you to view the recording which should be published to the webinar archives within an hour or two of the event's conclusion.
The Genealogist’s Google Toolbox includes:
- Google Search: Get all the latest on how to get the best search results possible. New chapter on searching for common surnames!
- Google Alerts: Yous personal genealogy assistant.
- Gmail: Never lose another email. Expanded!
- Google Books: The world’s history at your fingertips. Includes expanded instructions on using My Library.
- Google Translate: Explore foreign language websites and documents.
- YouTube: Find your family history in action on video. And all new: Build your own free YouTube channel.
- Brand new chapters on Google Scholar and Google Patents!
- Google Earth: Rock your ancestor’s world!
Published 2015, Perfect-bound Paperback: 203 pages, 8.5" x 11", black and white with illustrations
Pre-webinar interview with Lisa:
Or register for multiple webinars at once by clicking here.
Not sure if you already registered?
On the Upcoming Webinars tab, login to view the webinars you are already signed up for (available for annual or monthly webinar subscribers).
Test Your Webinar Connection
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here.
Can't make it to the live event?
No worries. Its recording will be available for a limited time. Webinar Subscribers have unlimited access to all webinar recordings for the duration of their membership.
About the presenter
Lisa Louise Cooke is the owner of Genealogy Gems, a genealogy and family history multi-media company. She is producer and host of the Genealogy Gems Podcast, the popular online genealogy audio show as well as the Family History: Genealogy Made Easypodcast, both available at www.GenealogyGems.com, in iTunes, and through the Genealogy Gems app. Her podcast episodes bring genealogy news, research strategies, expert interviews and inspiration to genealogists and have been downloaded over 1 million times.
Click here to view Lisa's webinars in the archives.
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific
- 7pm GMT
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email both 1 day and 1 hour prior to the live webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Check at www.java.com.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!