The recording of today's webinar, "Mapping Madness" by Ron Arons PLUS the after-webinar party is now available to view for free at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com.
Learn where to find historical maps online and off. Discover mapping tools that help us understand our ancestors' migration patterns and how they lived. Learn about Google Maps, Bing Maps, MapCruncher, AniMap, and more.
View the Recording at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 48 minute recording of "Mapping Madness" PLUS the after-webinar party is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time. Or watch it at your convenience with an annual or monthly webinar membership.
Maps and atlases provide a visual depiction of not just a geographic location, but where our ancestors lived. These maps can also offer clues to how they lived, especially when data is plotted out: the location of workplaces and houses of worship in relation to homes, how far away other relatives lived, and more.
The Using Maps in Your Genealogy Research Legacy QuickGuide™ contains useful information to get you started including map and atlas terminology, research tips for using maps, map types and resources for accessing online maps from all over the world. This handy 4-page PDF guide can be used on your computer or mobile device for anytime access.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 279 classes, 419 hours of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 1,217 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year
- Monthly membership: $9.95/month
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- Stories in Stone - Cemetery Research by Gail Blankenau. December 2.
- Thinking about Becoming an Accredited Genealogist? by Apryl Cox and Kelly Summers. December 9.
- Pointing Fingers at Ancestors' Siblings - Breaking Down Brick Walls with Collateral Research by Marian Pierre-Louis. December 16.
- What Happened to the State of Frankland - Using Tennessee's Pre-Statehood Records by Mark Lowe. December 18.
- Tap Into Your Inner Private Eye - 9 Strategies for Finding Living Relatives by Lisa Louise Cooke. January 6.
- Technology and Techniques for Differentiating Two People with the Same Name by Geoff Rasmussen. January 13.
- Snagit Software for Genealogists by Michael Brophy. January 15.
- The Basics of Virginia Research by Shannon Combs-Bennett. January 20.
- The Paper-Less Genealogist by Denise May Levenick. January 27.
See you online!