The recording of today's webinar, "Stories in Stone - Cemetery Research" by Gail Blankenau PLUS the after-webinar party is now available to view for free at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com.
Ever wonder what various gravestone symbols mean? Is everything “set in stone” completely accurate? Gail will walk you through cemeteries all over the country with tips on how to use cemetery and associated records in your genealogy quest.
View the Recording at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 55 minute recording of "Stories in Stone - Cemetery Research" PLUS the after-webinar party is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time. Or watch it at your convenience with an annual or monthly webinar membership.
Through December 31, 2015, take $10 off any new Legacy Family Tree software. Plus discounts on Legacy QuickGuides, add-on software, how-to books and more have been discounted. No coupon required. Only at www.LegacyFamilyTreeStore.com.
The Cemetery Research Legacy QuickGuide™ contains useful information including tips and tricks, a list of different types of cemeteries, terminology, and more. This handy 4-page PDF guide can be used on your computer or mobile device for anytime access.
For the genealogy researcher, cemeteries are considered “museums” providing a link with the past which reflect the culture, history, art, architecture and attitudes of an ancestor’s era. Data found through cemetery visits, as well as through online and/or offline cemetery research, may unearth clues about an ancestor and about the time and place where an ancestor lived.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 282 classes, 423 hours of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 1,241 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year
- Monthly membership: $9.95/month
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- Thinking about Becoming an Accredited Genealogist? by Apryl Cox and Kelly Summers. December 9.
- Pointing Fingers at Ancestors' Siblings - Breaking Down Brick Walls with Collateral Research by Marian Pierre-Louis. December 16.
- What Happened to the State of Frankland - Using Tennessee's Pre-Statehood Records by Mark Lowe. December 18.
- Tap Into Your Inner Private Eye - 9 Strategies for Finding Living Relatives by Lisa Louise Cooke. January 6.
- Technology and Techniques for Differentiating Two People with the Same Name by Geoff Rasmussen. January 13.
- Snagit Software for Genealogists by Michael Brophy. January 15.
- The Basics of Virginia Research by Shannon Combs-Bennett. January 20.
- The Paper-Less Genealogist by Denise May Levenick. January 27.
See you online!