Earlier Ancestry.com announced in this blog post that they will discontinue their Family Tree Maker software effective December 31, 2015. We know this change is difficult (my very first genealogy software purchase was FTM...), yet know that you will enjoy Legacy Family Tree. Millions have already downloaded it.
How to Import a Family Tree Maker file into Legacy - 90 second video.
Also, download the FREE guide here.
Why FTM users love Legacy
So many former FTM users have turned to Legacy, and we asked them why. Here were their top reasons:
- Company-user relationship, support
- Reasonable pricing and free updates
- Navigation and data entry
- Sourcing capabilities
- Name list
- View multiple databases side-by-side / drag-drop
- Web pages
Here's the complete list with the users' comments.
- Free - Standard Edition. Millions have downloaded Legacy. Download here and import your FTM file in minutes.
- $10 off - through December 31, 2015, Legacy Deluxe (download-edition) is just $19.95. Click here to purchase.
If you ever need a little hand-holding, we are there to help. We are known for our quality and responsive technical support.
- Email: support@LegacyFamilyTree.com
- Support website: http://support.legacyfamilytree.com
- Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/LegacyUserGroup
- Legacy QuickTips and videos: http://familytreewebinars.com/legacy_videos.php
Quick Video Overview
Need a little research help?
Not only will we help you organize, research, and share your research, we'll show you how to find your ancestors. Visit www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com to learn from industry experts. As of today, 284 classes are available and more are added every month.
* UPDATE *
Lots of you have asked similar questions about media, sources and other data importing. Read this follow-up article where we address many of these questions all in one place.