New BONUS Webinar in the Legacy Library!
First, learn about free sites, subscription sites and lesser-known ways for identifying and locating newspapers. Also learn strategies on searching for common surnames and forenames, as well as how to overcome the numerous spelling mistakes in newspaper searching. After understanding the “intentional” ways a name might appear differently than expected, learn about unintentional mistakes that creep in due to OCR technology and how to allow for these (Roddy = Rocldv). Finally learn how spreadsheets can track spelling and OCR variants to make sure researchers perform a thorough and reasonably exhaustive search of newspaper records.
Read 'Em or Weep: Promise and Pitfalls in Newspaper OCR - Members Login to Watch Now!
Not a member yet?
Legacy Family Tree Webinars provides genealogy education where-you-are through live and recorded online webinars and videos. Learn from the best instructors in genealogy including Thomas MacEntee, Judy Russell, J. Mark Lowe, Lisa Louise Cooke, Megan Smolenyak, Tom Jones, and many more. Learn at your convenience. On-demand classes are available 24 hours a day! All you need is a computer or mobile device with an Internet connection.
Subscribe today and get access to this BONUS members-only webinar AND all of this:
- All 293 classes in the library (424 hours of quality genealogy education)
- 1,287 pages of instructors' handouts
- Chat logs from the live webinars
- Additional 5% off anything at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
- Chance for a bonus subscribers-only door prize during each live webinar
- Additional members-only webinars
- Playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
It's just $49.95/year or $9.95/month.
Our public live webinars are all free. Click here to see what's on the schedule.