Problem Solving with FANs - free webinar by Beth Foulk now online for limited time
February 19, 2016
The recording of today's webinar, "Problem Solving with FANs" by Beth Foulk is now available to view for free for a limited time at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com.
Often the answer to climbing a genealogy brick wall is simply to go around it. By broadening our research to include our ancestor’s friends, associates and neighbors, we can find answers that were previously elusive. Further, we paint a much broader, richer story of the ancestor's life by including their FANs. This class deconstructs the FAN concept then demonstrates how to use them in analysis through multiple examples.
View the Recording at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
If you could not make it to the live event or just want to watch it again, the 1 hour 50 minute recording of "Problem Solving with FANs" PLUS the after-webinar party is now available to view in our webinar library for free for a limited time. Or watch it at your convenience with an annual or monthly webinar membership.
This webinar recording is also available as a digital download for just $9.95. It includes the .mp4 and the syllabus for one low price. Click here to purchase. Or, subscribe for a month or a year and also have access to the recording and handouts for the duration of your membership.
Use webinar coupon code - fans - for 10% off anything at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com or www.LegacyFamilyTreeStore.com, valid through Monday, February 22, 2016.
Webinar Members get:
- On-demand access to the entire webinar archives (now 319 classes, 463 hours of genealogy education)
- On-demand access to the instructor handouts (now 1,371 pages)
- On-demand access to the live webinars' chat logs
- 5% off all products at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com (must be logged in at checkout)
- Access to all future recordings for the duration of their membership
- Chance for a members-only door prize during each live webinar
- Access to register for bonus members-only webinars
- Ability to view which webinars you are registered for
- Use of the playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
- Annual membership: $49.95/year
- Monthly membership: $9.95/month
Register for our upcoming webinars (free)
- A Guided Tour of Cyndi's List 2.0 by Cyndi Ingle. February 24.
- The War of 1812 Records - Preserving the Pensions by Rebecca Koford. March 2.
- Making YDNA and mtDNA Part of Your Family History by Diahan Southard. March 4.
- How Do I Know That's My Ancestor? by Amy Johnson Crow. March 9.
- The Private Laws of the Federal and State Governments by Judy Russell. March 16.
- Introduction to German Parish Records by Gail Blankenau. March 23.
- Proof Arguments - How to Write Them and Why They Matter by Warren Bittner. March 30.
- Getting to Know Findmypast - Your Source for British and Irish Genealogy by Jen Baldwin. April 6.
- Confirming Enslaved Ancestors Utilizing DNA by Melvin Collier. April 8.
- U.S. Land Records - State Land States by Mary Hill. April 13.
- Fire Insurance Maps - The Google Maps of Their Day by Jill Morelli. April 20.
- England and Wales - Rummaging in the Parish Chests by Kirsty Gray. April 27.
- Google Drive for Genealogists by Thomas MacEntee. May 4.
- Dirty Pictures - Save Your Family Photos from Ruin by Denise Levenick. May 11.
- Messages from the Grave - Listening to Your Ancestor's Tombstone by Elissa Scalise Powell. May 13.
- Mining the Über-sites for German Ancestors by Jim Beidler. May 18.
- Discover American Ancestors (NEHGS) by Lindsay Fulton. May 25.
- Get the Most from AmericanAncestors.org by Claire Vail. June 1.
- Researching Your Washington State Ancestors by Mary Roddy. June 8.
- Introduction to the Freedmen's Bureau by Angela Walton-Raji. June 10.
- Ticked Off! Those Pesky Pre-1850 Census Tic Marks by Peggy Clemens Lauritzen. June 15.
- Digging Deeper in German Parish Records by Gail Blankenau. June 22.
- Circles or Triangles? What Shape is Your DNA? by Diahan Southard. June 29.
- Navigating Naturalization Records by Lisa Alzo. July 6.
- A Genealogist's Guide to Heraldry by Shannon Combs-Bennett. July 13.
- Finding French Ancestors by Luana Darby. July 15.
- Organize Your Online Life by Lisa Louise Cooke. July 20.
- Researching Women - Community Cookbooks and What They Tell Us About Our Ancestors by Gena Philibert-Ortega. July 27.
- The Germanic French - Researching Alsatian and Lorrainian Families by John Philip Colletta. July 30.
- Solutions for Missing and Scarce Records by Tom Jones. July 30.
- Getting Started with Microsoft PowerPoint by Thomas MacEntee. August 3.
- The Battle for Bounty Land - War of 1812 and Mexican-American Wars by Beth Foulk. August 10.
- Homestead Act of 1862 - Following the Witnesses by Bernice Bennett. August 12.
- Successfully Applying to a Lineage Society by Amy Johnson Crow. August 17.
- Using Findmypast to Unlock Your Irish Ancestry by Brian Donovan. August 24.
- The Treasure Trove in Legislative Petitions by Judy Russell. September 14.
- Clooz - A Document-Based Software Companion by Richard Thomas. September 16.
- How to Use FamilySearch.org for Beginners by Devin Ashby. September 21.
- Beginning Polish Genealogy by Lisa Alzo and Jonathan Shea. September 28.
- AHA! Analysis of Handwriting for Genealogical Research by Ron Arons. October 5.
- Time and Place - Using Genealogy's Cross-Hairs by Jim Beidler. October 12.
- Finding Your Ancestors' German Hometown by Ursula Krause. October 14.
- Social History Websites That Bring Your Ancestor's Story to Life by Gena Philibert-Ortega. October 19.
- Flip for Flickr - Share, Store and Save Your Family Photos by Maureen Taylor. October 26.
- Analysis and Correlation - Two Keys to Sound Conclusions by Chris Staats. November 2.
- Publishing a Genealogy E-Book by Thomas MacEntee. November 9.
- Dating Family Photographs by Jane Neff Rollins. November 16.
- Nature & Nurture - Family History for Adoptees by Janet Hovorka and Amy Slade. November 18.
- Multi-Media Story Telling by Devin Ashby. November 30.
- Becoming a Genealogy Detective by Sharon Atkins. December 7.
- From the Heartland - Utilizing Online Resources in Midwest Research by Luana Darby. December 14.
- Tracing Your European Ancestors by Julie Goucher. December 16.
- An Introduction to BillionGraves by Garth Fitzner. December 21.
Print the 2016 webinar brochure here.
See you online!
You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.