There are a lot of different ways to find help while using the Legacy Family Tree software program. Below are seven easy ways for your to get started.
1) On every screen in Legacy there is a Help button. If you click the Help button it will take you to the appropriate location in the Help File for that topic so that you don't have to search for what you are looking for.
2) Legacy 9 now includes the PDF version of the User's Guide. In previous versions this was a separate purchase. In your order confirmation email there are two links, one to download the program and one to download the PDF version of the User's Guide.
3) We also have Knowledge Base articles that are searchable HERE.
4) There are lots of Legacy videos (free) to teach you how to use the program. You can find them HERE.
5) We also have a Legacy Users Group mailing list where you can ask questions and get advice. You can join HERE.
6) If you are on Facebook there is a Legacy Users Group there that has over 15,000 members. You can join HERE.
Both of the Legacy Users Groups are monitored by some of the staff, beta testers, and translators.
7) You can find shortcuts to many of the helps by either selecting the Help tab on the main toolbar or by selecting the Legacy Home tab and then looking over to the right under the Support heading.
You can get most of your questions answered using these tools. If there is a question that you haven't been able to find the answer to, or you have a suggestion for a new feature you would like to see, you can use the email links on the Help Toolbar or the Legacy Home tab to contact us.
View a Compilation of all Legacy 101 articles.
Find tech tips every day in the Facebook Legacy User Group. The group is free and is available to anyone with a Facebook account.
For video tech tips check out the Legacy Quick Tips page. These short videos will make it easy for you to learn all sort of fun and interesting ways to look at your genealogy research.
Michele Simmons Lewis, CG® is part of the Legacy Family Tree team at MyHeritage. She handles the enhancement suggestions that come in from our users as well as writing for Legacy News. You can usually find her hanging out on the Legacy User Group Facebook page answering questions and posting tips.